X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO

/being different

Comment

He deserves to be..But late in his career it seemed he was usually at odds with the media. Could bite him seeing as how strong their vote is.

Comment

I say yes, best DE I've ever watched play. Not saying much I guess since I'm only 27..

I don't know if he will get first ballot but he deserves it..

Comment

Strahan was more than just a pass rusher. The guy also dominated the running game. He was an all around great player and did it consistently for a loooooong career. If his career doesn't merit first ballot status, I'm not sure whose does.

Comment

He better be, easily one of the top three DEs of all time imo

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
              Guaranteed first ballot.

Strahan was the second best strong side DE of all time imo (Reggie White being the first).
              Definitely a 1st ballot H of F'r.

Second best strong side DE?..... Can't agree there. I think Deacon Jones was better than him.

Comment

It looks 50/50 chance of 1st ballot, to me. Ultimately, yes. But 1st ballot winners are pretty rare. I mean, if Parcells wasn't elected 1st ballot--with his resume including taking 2 franchises to the SB, winning 2 of 3, and resuscitating 3 other franchises--then anything is possible regarding Strahan's 1st ballot chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                  Guaranteed first ballot.

Strahan was the second best strong side DE of all time imo (Reggie White being the first).
                  Agreed
                  "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

yes.. no doudt Strahan is 1st ballot

Comment

Strahan has been a positive face for the NFL, holds the sack record for a single season, has a few Pro-Bowls under his belt and a Super Bowl. I think he'll be a first ballot. Parcells just rubbed folks the wrong way and for some reason, the voters for the Hall of Fame sometimes abuse their powers in order to make a point(ie. look at the current MLB voters).

Comment

Absolutely. Plus him being around alot on FOX, Live with Kelly, and other tv exposure is keeping him fresh in voters minds i believe.

Comment

Yeah, I think he's 1st ballot......a tremendous pass rusher, but (in my opinion) he was even better playing against the run. He really was a complete player, and when you factor the length of his career, and throw in the Super Bowl upset of the Patriots, I think that clinches it.

Also, from a leadership perspective, this was the guy who met Coughlin half-way.....and ballot voters will admire a player with that sort of character.
                          "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

One of the top DE's to ever play the game. He played at a high level for his whole career, even in his last few seasons. Dominant pass rusher AND run stopper. He definitely deserves to go in on the 1st try.

Comment

I'd give it about 60-65% chance of first ballot (though I personally believe he deserves such), and 100% chance he will make it in at some point...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Hes a shoe in for 1st ballot.. No chance in heck he dosen't go 1st ballot...

Comment

Working...
                                X