Stray's sack record

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ny06 View Post
    Saying everyone was juicing is ridiculous, if you want to say many players in that era were then I would agree. So are you saying Favre and Strahan secretly spoke to each other during a tv timeout and made the plan to have a gimme sack? Come on... Favre gave it to him from what we see on tv, but let's not jump the gun and act like Strahan asked for the favor. Will you feel better if I buy you a Jared Allen jersey enclosed with a laminated letter written in crayon for the official sack record?
    All I'm saying is that sack was ilegit. I have no idea what went on beforehand. I don't know if they talked the night before or if it was just a wink before the snap. No one knows.
    What we do know is that it was a staged play to set a record and had no other purpose.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

cant we all just get along morehead congrats on whooping me in championship game
      sigpic
      FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
        cant we all just get along morehead congrats on whooping me in championship game
        We get along fine and thanks.

My only point without getting off on the sidebar about steroid use in the 70's and 80's (which has NOTHING to do with this discussion) is that getting a record that is staged for the only purpose of getting that record is a sham.
        Records are legitimate when they are achieved when the other team and its players are trying to beat you on every play. They count when its in the environment of competition.
        If they aren't...it means as much as a WWF championship belt.
        So for the OP to take the position he is taking, is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          That's fine. This isn't about Mark Gastineau. Its about breaking a record with a fixed play.
          Last year Jared Allen missed by 1/2 sack. As far as I'm concerned, he has the NFL single season sack record. And he didn't rig a play at the end to break the record iligitimately, like Strahan and Favre did.

Oh and BTW...its a good thing he juiced (if he did) because it helped us get into the playoffs when they beat GB for us week 16, 1981.
          Now you just tainted the 1981 playoffs for me.

Thanks a lot.
          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
            Now you just tainted the 1981 playoffs for me.

Thanks a lot.
            My gift to you.
            But actually it was NY06 who did that. I'm as shocked as you to hear that Gastineau was on steroids.

Comment

My gift to you.
              But actually it was NY06 who did that. I'm as shocked as you to hear that Gastineau was on steroids.
              I'd be shocked to hear that he's off steroids.
              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                I'd be shocked to hear that he's off steroids.
                It was meant to be sarcastic.

Comment

It was meant to be sarcastic.
                  And mine was meant to be ironical.

Comment

Originally posted by ny06 View Post
                    I think it's a sham that Gastineau had to use steroids to accomplish his stats and record breaking season of sacks.
                    He maybe went against others who taked steriods as well so everything is even.

Comment

Working...
                    X