Hosley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosley

Why is everyone so high on him, it almost seems ppl are more excited about him then Prince.

He returned a pick 6 in PRE SEASON and has been burned many times in REGULAR SEASON for TD's in meaningful games mind you, yet everyone is in love with him.

Just wondering?

I hope he develops into a great corner for us dont get me wrong but I have never noticed so much hype over someone who has been burned for a lot of tds.

I don't think people were more excited for him than Prince...they just were liking what they saw early on from him IMO. He adjusted to the system really fast and was flashing in the nickel/slot (a place he rarely played before). I feel the injuries he played through this year played a part in his production going down during the year. He seemed to get hurt every other week...quad, hamstring, ankle or something etc...

Overall I think he'll end up being a solid guy for this team for years to come. He's versatile, can play inside or on an island and has the knack for finding the ball and making plays.
    "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Hey I hope he is a D Sanders type but honestly I heard a lot of confidence and then seen a lot of mistakes and big TDs on him thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
        Hey I hope he is a D Sanders type but honestly I heard a lot of confidence and then seen a lot of mistakes and big TDs on him thats all.
        If he can manage to stay healthier next season, I think we'll see more of the confidence he was showing earlier on.
        "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Hosely looked good until he got injured, and this is only his rookie season so cut him some slack.

Comment

Hosley looked more adjusted to the pro game in his rookie season than prince did, thats why I am on record for being more high on him then Prince

Comment

Most rookies are going to look lost when they get their first chance in real games. Part of what has some of us excited to see him next year is the performance of some veterans this year.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

As most of the Giants secondary can't stay healthy we need all the DB's we can get.

Comment

Hosley had a lot of problems, but I attribute that to his rookie status. I feel he will improve next season. Hell, even by the ravens game this year, Hosley was being ignored for Webster, so improvement is already starting to happen.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post
                    Hosley looked more adjusted to the pro game in his rookie season than prince did, thats why I am on record for being more high on him then Prince
                    Prince pretty much locked down whoever he was covering down in the playoffs last year, and that was the first significant playing time of his pro career. There is no way Hosley looked more adjusted this year. He flashed a nose for the ball and aggressiveness. He got injured, and his play definitely suffered. Upside is big though, without a doubt. He struggled as a rookie third round corner should. I think he's going to be a good player though.

Comment

He showed athleticism and the ability to play but struggled with the scheme nearly as much Fewell did.

Hopefully his talent will overcome the coaching.

Comment

I like hosely but but he gives up a lot of size the rreceivers in our division bryant austin garcon but they do say his closing speed is good so maybe that can help him out a little we still need a big fast corner we have prince but we need one more.

Comment

learning to play CB in the pros for a rookie is very difficult and some don't get to play at all because they stay confused for the whole year so for that reason I think Hosely did pretty damn good

Comment

Sometimes I wonder what forums you read. Because you certainly don't read this one.

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
                              he had several games where the qb refused to even challenge him. i think u may be attributing too many conceded big plays to him.

and i believe prince has the potential to be a corner on revis's level. but that doesnt mean im any less excited with hosely bc he does have excellent mirror skills. thats huge in trail man coverage. hoselys got the potential to be lock down himself he really does, and hes got an additional hurdle too with his size. i think the future is very bright for us at corner.

Comment

Working...
                              X