LaRon Landry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LaRon Landry

LaRon Landry says he will not return to the Jets. He wants a long term deal. With Kenny Phillips status up in the air whether he will return or not and after Landry's great season with the Jets. Would you want Reese to bring him in for a look and can we afford him?

No way we can afford him but he is a solid safety. Would love to have him but not happening unless we cut Rolle and let KP go.

Comment

I think if Osi, Webster and Kenny Phillips all leave and depending on Cruz's deal. I think he could be affordable. also he wouldn't have to move.

Comment

Redskins didn't bring him back because he was often out of position and has a rep as dirty player.

Comment

Originally posted by Bones911 View Post
          LaRon Landry says he will not return to the Jets. He wants a long term deal. With Kenny Phillips status up in the air whether he will return or not and after Landry's great season with the Jets. Would you want Reese to bring him in for a look and can we afford him?
          We don't need an upgrade at safety.

How do you define great season? PFF has a negative grade on him and ranks him 65 out of 88 safeties this past year.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
            We don't need an upgrade at safety.

How do you define great season? PFF has a negative grade on him and ranks him 65 out of 88 safeties this past year.
            People automatically assume if a player makes some big hits and picks off some passes they are a good player. Landry is not very good and tends to be out of position often.

Comment

Landry is sucks and is now slow because of all the extra weight he put on, no thanks

Comment

I can still see Jacobs steamrolling him when he was a Redskin.

Comment

Trading one injury prone guy for another. I'd prefer to give KP a chance to prove he can stay healthy.

Comment

Nooooo to Laundry. He's too concerned with trying to take heads off of people which will not fly in the league anymore - sign him only if you want penalties.

Comment

I think that if we bring back at least 3 out of 4 among KP, Stevie, Rolle, and Hill, we won't need to upgrade at the safety position really...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
                        Nooooo to Laundry. He's too concerned with trying to take heads off of people which will not fly in the league anymore - sign him only if you want penalties.
                        Atleast someone on this defense would play with a mean streak then!

Comment

I think Landy would be perfect as the 3rd, in the box safety/LB hybrid,Have you seen how built that Mofo is!?

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep80 View Post
                            I think Landy would be perfect as the 3rd, in the box safety/LB hybrid,Have you seen how built that Mofo is!?
                            We already have that with fewer penalties in Rolle... and as overpaid as Rolle is, he's still cheaper than what Laundry would want...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep80 View Post
                              Atleast someone on this defense would play with a mean streak then!
                              Will Hill can be that guy for us. Guy lays the wood and hits clean.

Comment

Working...
                              X