No announcement yet.

Martellus Bennett- Resign or No-Resign?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we will try to bring him back. He did well and can get better. It is a solid target and has an edge about him.

Comment

He wanted us to keep feeding him the ball. Now we should feed him some cash.

He's willing to give us a discount when we have cap problems. It's a no brainer. Lock him up!

Comment

I've never ever seen anyone spell 're-sign' the correct way on these boards. I'd keep Marty B by the way.
        sigpic

Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

Comment

Why wouldn't we take him back? He's not dominant, but he is a solid contributor who offers a lot as a blocker as well.
          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

we don't value the TE in this offense, we have done well with average TE's like Ballard and Boss, If he comes back cheap, Im down, if not let him walk.

Comment

Played graet this year, thru the injury and all. Hope his bro' comes over too.

Comment

Originally posted by alentown pa View Post
                we don't value the TE in this offense, we have done well with average TE's like Ballard and Boss, If he comes back cheap, Im down, if not let him walk.
                We certainly aren't the most TE-friendly offense, but if we had an elite talent like Rob Gronkowski, you could be sure that he'd be utilized equally as much here as he is in NE.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                  We certainly aren't the most TE-friendly offense, but if we had an elite talent like Rob Gronkowski, you could be sure that he'd be utilized equally as much here as he is in NE.
                  Unless he fumbled in which case he'd have sat on the bench for 2/3 of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                    Unless he fumbled in which case he'd have sat on the bench for 2/3 of the season.
                    #CoachCoughlinProblems

Comment

I definitely like the guy. We should re-sign him.

Comment

I say Re-Sign.
                        New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by alentown pa View Post
                          Just because he's not out catching on every snap doesn't mean he's sitting on his *** doing nothing. Marty's blocking is very important, and honestly he helped offset the deficiencies from DD's play for a good chunk of the season...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Sign him. We need to stabilize the tight end position for the future. If Robinson provides what Reese believes he can and Bennett can replicate what he has done then that gives another option for Eli and Gilbride on offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                              Just because he's not out catching on every snap doesn't mean he's sitting on his *** doing nothing. Marty's blocking is very important, and honestly he helped offset the deficiencies from DD's play for a good chunk of the season...
                              +1

i'd argue, given our current talent set, we need him as a blocker more than a receiver.

to me its no suprise that our running game improved substantially in the same year he showed up.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
                                +1

i'd argue, given our current talent set, we need him as a blocker more than a receiver.

to me its no suprise that our running game improved substantially in the same year he showed up.
                                Yup, his blocking assets are far more valuable to us this his catching abilities. I feel his route running and catching abilities are just an extra gift for us from him lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X