No announcement yet.

Panthers Leaning Towards Hiring Giants' Excecutive Mark Gettleman As NEext GM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panthers Leaning Towards Hiring Giants' Excecutive Mark Gettleman As NEext GM

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/05/...an-as-next-gm/

New York Giants Director or College Scouting Marc Ross has been a hot name in the General Manager search across the NFL, with him lining up visits with the Carolina Panthers, New York Jets, San Diego Chargers and Jacksonville Jaguars. However, it appears that the Panthers, who enlisted the help of former Giants GM Ernie Accorsi, are learning towards pilfering a different name from Big Blue.

Pro Football Talk reports that Giants executive Dave Gettleman is now the favorite to be hired on as the new Carolina Panthers General Manager, despite earlier reports that Ross was leading the way.Gettleman, who joined the Giants in 1998 as then-director Tim Rooney’s assistant, quickly climbed the ranks within the organization. In 1999 he was promoted to Pro Personnel Director where he remained until July of last year when he was promoted to Senior Pro Personnel Analyst." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Good for him. I wish him the best.

Comment

Mark Gettleman? What are they taking Marc Ross and Dave Gettleman?!!?!?!!?! Damnit!
      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
        Mark Gettleman? What are they taking Marc Ross and Dave Gettleman?!!?!?!!?! Damnit!
        We produce quality folks it seems
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          This happens often to the class of the NFL, Steelers and Pats staffs are also heavily poached.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueReign View Post
            This happens often to the class of the NFL, Steelers and Pats staffs are also heavily poached.
            It does speak well of our organization

Comment

It does speak well of our organization
              The Giants, Steelers, Patriots and Packers all build the correct way. There's a reason the past decade has been dominated by those four organizations. Speaks to the owners of the franchises as well; they know Rome can't be built in a day.Good things happen to good people.

Comment

If we lose Dave Gettleman, I'm interested to see the course of action we take. Wouldn't mind seeing us bring in Scott Pioli in some capacity.

Comment

ill take the job

Comment

If we lose Dave Gettleman, I'm interested to see the course of action we take. Wouldn't mind seeing us bring in Scott Pioli in some capacity.
                    It will be interesting to see if they have anyone from within they will promote.

Comment

It will be interesting to see if they have anyone from within they will promote.
                      I'm sure they do. Top organizations in the world, not just in sports, cultivate a culture within to breed potential replacements, and key position-holders. The Giants, Patriots, Steelers -- they're all world-class organizations, so I'm sure there are suitable candidates within.

With that said, I'm definitely not opposed to Pioli being brought in the FO in some capacity, if anything to offer variance in perspective.

Comment

I'm sure they do. Top organizations in the world, not just in sports, cultivate a culture within to breed potential replacements, and key position-holders. The Giants, Patriots, Steelers -- they're all world-class organizations, so I'm sure there are suitable candidates within.

With that said, I'm definitely not opposed to Pioli being brought in the FO in some capacity, if anything to offer variance in perspective.
                        We used to do an annual "who can do your job" scenarios for upper level managers. When we started that, I was skeptical, but it actually proved to be a positive exercise and people who might have been overlooked were at least being considered.

Comment

We used to do an annual "who can do your job" scenarios for upper level managers. When we started that, I was skeptical, but it actually proved to be a positive exercise and people who might have been overlooked were at least being considered.
                          It says something about the organization that if you work here you can actually move up in the ranks and won't be quickly dismissed and overlooked for outside help.

Comment

Originally posted by DVision View Post
                            It says something about the organization that if you work here you can actually move up in the ranks and won't be quickly dismissed and overlooked for outside help.
                            +1

Comment

Among the many great qualities of an outstanding organization is the ability to continually build and replenish a deep bench. Given the alternative that no one wants our people......................
                              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                              X