This KP hates the scheme talk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This KP hates the scheme talk

I can say KP has complained a couple times the past couple years about how frequently he is used deep middle, and how rarely the ball comes his way.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1137329

But that isnt KP being upset about the scheme, rather being upset how often he was played in that role. Rolle was very poor as a deep safety, so fewell did not use him much there, instead depending really almost exclusively on KP there.

But with the show Stevie Brown put on this season playing deep middle, Fewell now has a guy who can split those snaps with KP, and let KP spend much more time up involved in the action.

Of course both KP and Brown are FAs, but them both coming back would be mutually beneficial to both.

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
    I can say KP has complained a couple times the past couple years about how frequently he is used deep middle, and how rarely the ball comes his way.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1137329

But that isnt KP being upset about the scheme, rather being upset how often he was played in that role. Rolle was very poor as a deep safety, so fewell did not use him much there, instead depending really almost exclusively on KP there.

But with the show Stevie Brown put on this season playing deep middle, Fewell now has a guy who can split those snaps with KP, and let KP spend much more time up involved in the action.

Of course both KP and Brown are FAs, but them both coming back would be mutually beneficial to both.
    And if Holsey lives up to his reputation at VT as a ball hawk, things could be very bright in next seasons's turnover department.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Didn't KP say "the grass isn't always greener on the other side"? Or was that another Giant in the recent media?

Our defense is THAT much better with KP on the field. We have to resign him.

KP & Bennett... get it done Reese!
      "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
        Didn't KP say "the grass isn't always greener on the other side"? Or was that another Giant in the recent media?

Hixon. Very appreciative comment.
        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

That was Hixon. But I would imagine he may spread that message through to all the FAs. If they didnt figure that out themselves from the Jacobs ordeal.

Comment

That was Hixon
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
              Oh right....love Dom.

That was Hixon. But I would imagine he may spread that message through to all the FAs. If they didnt figure that out themselves from the Jacobs ordeal.
              I would hope so.... hopefully Jacobs is around as well talking to some players.

Look at HOW MANY former players performances 'drop off' with their new teams.

I guarantee you even Plax wishes he could come back... Shockey as well.
              "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Oh right....love Dom.

I would hope so.... hopefully Jacobs is around as well talking to some players.

Look at HOW MANY former players performances 'drop off' with their new teams.

I guarantee you even Plax wishes he could come back... Shockey as well.
                Hixon was one of Reese's early "projects." I think both have benefited from the relationship.

Comment

Those are 3 guys to keep.............KP, MB and Hixon.
                  No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                    +1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      +1

+2
                      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                        Beatty is pretty important. Damn good LT.

Comment

+2
                          I'm going to have to get my abacus if this continues

Comment

Beatty is pretty important. Damn good LT.
                            That is a fact

Comment

Kenny Phillps said everything I would want him to say, he want's to make plays and be near the action. He has the ability to be that kind of safety, but as long as Rolle is here I think Fewell will use Phillips as a centerfielder to defend the deep ball and anything over the middle.

Comment

Working...
                              X