Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our numbers with KP and without KP are staggering...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Been saying this for weeks. Everyone thinks because Brown causes turnovers he is automatically a better player Giants defense also gave up a TD less this season when he played. The best move for the giants is to cut rolle and resign both Brown and Phillips with that money. Phillips,Brown and Hill should be the Giants top 3 guys
    You're really not a fan of Rolle? I can't figure out why no one else likes this guy. Care to shed a little light on that situation?

Comment

Been saying this for weeks. Everyone thinks because Brown causes turnovers he is automatically a better player Giants defense also gave up a TD less this season when he played. The best move for the giants is to cut rolle and resign both Brown and Phillips with that money. Phillips,Brown and Hill should be the Giants top 3 guys
      The only problem is how much do you give a guy that's missed that much time?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueReign View Post
        You're really not a fan of Rolle? I can't figure out why no one else likes this guy. Care to shed a little light on that situation?
        Think he did rank as one of the worse Safeties in the league. Maybe misread it but maybe someone can post it.

Comment

KP missed nearly 50% of the games in the last four years, that's really going to hurt his value. If the Giants get lucky, they can keep him and Brown; but I don't see that happening. I think Will Hill is going to be a big deciding factor in this. The coaches have had a year to see him play, and to judge if he really is over his "character issues." If they're sold on Hill, then I think KP's value to the Giants drops dramatically, only because of the injury issues. Personally, I don't think you can have Hill sitting on the bench much longer, he's just got too much talent for that. My gut feeling is that the injuries have doomed KP, and he's not going to be offered the money he wants to stay.

Comment

The 2012 PFF pass coverage grade for Rolle was -5.8, ranked 81 out of 88 safeties who played enough snaps to qualify. Add in his salary cap killing huge salary and you have the reason why.

Comment

I disargee, KP is too injury prone and I don't want what happened to our CB corps this year to happen to our Safeties next year. I am a believer that having 3 capable safeties on the roster is a must because of some of the sets we run, and KP is just too unreliable unfortunately.

Comment

Also I'd like to point out that I've noticed a lot of the same people in this thread wanting KP to get resigned are some of the same people who think Nicks is injury prone...makes absolutely no sense.

Comment

This

Comment

Rolle takes too many bad angles on those deep passes that went for big plays! He is all mouth and no action!

Comment

I am ABSOLUTELY willing to roll the dice on KP's health.

He had a FREAK injury his sophomore year but recovered better than any of us ever expected. He followed that up by starting all 16 games his 3rd season and 15 games in his 4th season.

I am a HUGE KP fan and for good reason. He is a key to our secondary. We also haven't seen what he can do when he gets involved more.
                      "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
                        I disargee, KP is too injury prone and I don't want what happened to our CB corps this year to happen to our Safeties next year. I am a believer that having 3 capable safeties on the roster is a must because of some of the sets we run, and KP is just too unreliable unfortunately.
                        That wouldnt be it. This is also a very deep safety draft and id grab a rangy deep safety as insurance. Rolle is completely overpaid he needs to be moved

Comment

Rolle freelances far to much. When there is a breakdown in zone he is the guy im looking for. Also takes poor angles. Rolle isnt a bad player necessarily but he is really overpaid

Comment

Rolle freelances far to much. When there is a breakdown in zone he is the guy im looking for. Also takes poor angles. Rolle isnt a bad player necessarily but he is really overpaid
                            Fair. I believe he freelances so much due to the poor coverage of the safety next to him (Stevie).

Comment

Fair. I believe he freelances so much due to the poor coverage of the safety next to him (Stevie).
                              Totally disagree with blaming Stevie Brown. Rolle has been bad in pass coverage his whole career. That's why he was moved to safety. And I've seen him take many bad angles with KP in there too.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                                Totally disagree with blaming Stevie Brown. Rolle has been bad in pass coverage his whole career. That's why he was moved to safety. And I've seen him take many bad angles with KP in there too.
                                Agree to disagree then, because Stevie gets beat too much for my liking. Rolle is a ball hawk as well, and I thing with KP back there as well he would be an even better ballhawk than SB, not to mention the intangibles he brings. With that being said, he is a little bit overpaid for what he has produced this far.

Comment

Working...
                                X