Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our numbers with KP and without KP are staggering...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our numbers with KP and without KP are staggering...

Found this on BBI.

I'm not sure KP is the difference, but... Big Blue Blogger : 5:20 pm

...the results suggest that he has been pretty important:

Giants with KP, 2009-2012:
    2009: 2-0
    2010: 10-6
    2011: 12-6
    2012: 4-1
    Total 28-13

Giants without KP, 2009-2012:
    2009: 6-8
    2010: 0-0
    2011: 1-1
    2012: 5-6
    Total 12-15

Games where he started, but wasn't around long enough to figure in the outcome, are counted in the "without" category.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Quick, let's fax this over and over to Giants HQ

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post
      Quick, let's fax this over and over to Giants HQ
      lol, I'll get right on it !
      "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

27 missed games, that's pretty significant.
        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

And yet some people on here think he's overrated and we should let him go. Does he come up with a lot of picks like Brown did this year? Nope. But he doesn't allow big plays like Brown and the rest of the secondary.

Comment

I think we should keep him but we should try to negotiate something easier on the cap for us. KP has good synergy in our 3 safety set, since he can cover deep really well in that more FS capacity, Stevie can ball hawk it like nobody's business once that deep cover is taken care of, and Rolle/Hill can play nickel corner and play in the box.

We're definitely keeping Stevie and Hill going forward. If I was forced to choose between KP and Rolle, I'd rather keep KP, as we don't have a safety with the same skill set on our roster.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
              27 missed games, that's pretty significant.
              There's no doubt KP is a stud when healthy. But do you shell out the big bucks for a guy that has missed that many games in 5 years? That's the question the front office will have to answer.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
                Found this on BBI.

I'm not sure KP is the difference, but... Big Blue Blogger : 5:20 pm

...the results suggest that he has been pretty important:

Giants with KP, 2009-2012:
                2009: 2-0
                2010: 10-6
                2011: 12-6
                2012: 4-1
                Total 28-13

Giants without KP, 2009-2012:
                2009: 6-8
                2010: 0-0
                2011: 1-1
                2012: 5-6
                Total 12-15

Games where he started, but wasn't around long enough to figure in the outcome, are counted in the "without" category.
                That's what I've been saying all along. That's the reallity. Now, can we move foward with out him? I guess but he has been a " perfect fixure " on this D for quite a while, he brings that physical style of play so few players can brings every sunday. The down side ? He's not physically the same with all those injuries he has suffered in his tenure with the Giants. Add that he's often sidelined hurt making a tough decision for FO in signing him to a long term deal, taking in count the young Stevie Brown and Will Hill already contibuting on D. If it was up to me I would make it happen finding a way to lock him up to a 4 year deal but again it seems difficult with all the safeties on the roster and the actual cap.
                " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

I hope they lock him up...but I got a feeling he walks. Sucks.

Comment

He is a great player but how can you pay a man that has missed 27 games in 5 years?

Comment

I don't think he justifies a large contract. Not to mention those with/without stats are very misleading. If he goes somewhere else, we're not replacing him with CC Brown or James Butler or Micheal Johnson. Obviously when you lose a starter, you're handicapping yourself. (usually anyways)

I'm not suggesting I want him to go or that he's a bad player...Just the durability...You can't shell out a ton of cash on a guy who has been injured that much(especially knee injuries).
                      Last edited by M00KIE; 01-06-2013, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by M00KIE View Post
                        I don't think he justifies a large contract. Not to mention those with/without stats are very misleading. If he goes somewhere else, we're not replacing him with CC Brown or James Butler or Micheal Johnson. Obviously when you lose a starter, you're handicapping yourself. (usually anyways)

I'm not suggesting I want him to go or that he's a bad player...Just the durability...You can't shell out a ton of cash on a guy who has been injured that much(especially knee injuries).
                        Plus were looking at moving TT back there anyways

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingTruck View Post
                          And yet some people on here think he's overrated and we should let him go. Does he come up with a lot of picks like Brown did this year? Nope. But he doesn't allow big plays like Brown and the rest of the secondary.
                          seriously the 3 safety look with him Brown and Rolle really worked. I have always like Kenny and of course his susceptibility injury has been his only major knock IMO.

love the guy when he suits up though.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

Been saying this for weeks. Everyone thinks because Brown causes turnovers he is automatically a better player Giants defense also gave up a TD less this season when he played. The best move for the giants is to cut rolle and resign both Brown and Phillips with that money. Phillips,Brown and Hill should be the Giants top 3 guys

Comment

Originally posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
                              He is a great player but how can you pay a man that has missed 27 games in 5 years?
                              Pretty easily it depends on money. If he will take a deal with activators were if he plays in 14 games, the next year gets guaranteed stuff like that. Im not sure how many teams will give out huge guaranteed dollars to him

Comment

Working...
                              X