Positives for next season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positives for next season

David Wilson: definitely expect a bigger role for him next year and I truly expect him to shock the rest of the league with his home run threat, I'm actually excited just thinking about next year because of this kid (knocking on wood he stays healthy)

Reuben Randle: another player who should have an expanded role in the offense, regardless of what we do with Hixon, who I think should also stay.

Nicks: God willing he recovers and plays atleast 14 games at 100%, that alone would be huge

... And of course, our draft picks and the first SB in NY, 2014 should be a good one boys!

Having a 2-Time superbowl winning QB and Head Coach coming back are positives also.
    Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

Comment

If they stay healthy and Eli can rebound they should be much better. A RT and DE opposite JPP that can apply tons of pressure should have this team contending.

Comment

I don't wanna be that guy, but screw it. Our schedule should be easier this upcoming season as well.

The secondary looks 100x better with a pass rush, so like Buddy said, another DE will help everyone look better.

Maybe after enough breakdown, Reese actually drafts an OL/MLB in the 1st/2nd rounds

Comment

Also, hopefully they get all their tougher games in the first half so they can possibly avoid a second half collapse by playing easier teams in the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGisBallin View Post
            Having a 2-Time superbowl winning QB and Head Coach coming back are positives also.
            +1....that could never be bad

Comment

We take care of the division, and we should be good. I believe we are still the best team in the division, but we should really start owning it, stop letting these jokers beat us. Last season, they let Rex Grossman and Vince Young beat them. This season, they let the Eagles and the Redskins beat them because of stupid penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
                +1....that could never be bad
                There are certainly many positives going forward...However, we have a core of players, many of whom are in decline and we really need to start addressing that. This team may be a few players away from being very good, but we are also a few players away from being 5-11.
                We have concerns on the O and D lines, our LB'rs, injuries in the secondary etc.....
                And its also very possible that the old formulas won't work anymore. It IS time for some changes. Not radical changes, but real changes nontheless.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I like Randle but the Giants need someone fast on the outside that really stretches the field. Rueben could be that guy but he lacks explosion. He has the size and frame but it would be great if he put in the work this offseason to be that real threat the Giants need over the top.
                  "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                    I like Randle but the Giants need someone fast on the outside that really stretches the field. Rueben could be that guy but he lacks explosion. He has the size and frame but it would be great if he put in the work this offseason to be that real threat the Giants need over the top.
                    People forget Nicks is that guy for us when he's healthy.

Comment

I really think our WR corps is the best unit on the team. They are the least of my concerns. Ours is probably a top 5 WR unit in the league. And they are all young (except Hixon) as well.
                      I would really like to see an aggressive attempt to improve our O line in free agency. We are still a win now team, but our QB needs time to throw. He generally plays poorly when he has to improvise. I actually like the running backs and I do like our 2 young corners moving forward. D line and LB seem to be the biggest need on defense.

Comment

Originally posted by TuckandRolle View Post
                        People forget Nicks is that guy for us when he's healthy.
                        Agree, that's Nicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                          I really think our WR corps is the best unit on the team. They are the least of my concerns. Ours is probably a top 5 WR unit in the league. And they are all young (except Hixon) as well.
                          I would really like to see an aggressive attempt to improve our O line in free agency. We are still a win now team, but our QB needs time to throw. He generally plays poorly when he has to improvise. I actually like the running backs and I do like our 2 young corners moving forward. D line and LB seem to be the biggest need on defense.
                          O-Line, D-Line, and LBer. Those three positions get upgraded.. Look out folks.
                          Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            I agree about the WR corps overall but feel they were missing that Manningham threat over the top this year that kept defenses on their heels. I know Nicks was hurt for the majority but even when Eli had time to throw, he was still struggling when teams were doubling him and Cruz and Hixon didn't really blow the top off defenses down deep. It would be great if Randle became that real weapon down field for this team and improved in that aspect over this offseason.

Everything else you say I pretty much agree with...
                            "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

I agree about the WR corps overall but feel they were missing that Manningham threat over the top this year that kept defenses on their heels. I know Nicks was hurt for the majority but even when Eli had time to throw he was still struggling when teams were doubling him and Cruz and Hixon didn't really blow the top off defenses down deep. It would be great if Randle became that real weapon down field for this team and improved in that aspect over this offseason.

Everything else you say I pretty much agree with...
                              Our guys have shown that they can get past secondaries.
                              Cruz, Nicks, Randle is an awesome trio. Randle is definitely going to be a player.
                              That elusive "playmaker" in the back 7 is a real need. We have to hit on one of those guys for a change. We've been missing a lot in that regard.

Comment

Working...
                              X