Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osi Umenyiora Will "Bet His Life" Giants' Fans Will Miss Him Next Season

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/07/...m-next-season/

Excerpt: "As of Monday afternoon, 71% of all New York Daily News readers wanted the New York Giants to "dump" defensive end Osi Umenyiora. Having already said it's likely time to move on, Umenyiora wasn't overly offended that so many fans want him gone, but he had a promise for each of them. In fact, he went as far as to "bet his life" that those 71% of fans would be missing him in 2013.

"That same 71% will be saying 'why didn't the giants re-sign him' next season. Lol. I can bet my life on that!" Umenyiora tweeted.

Giants fans are fickle under head coach Tom Coughlin. They are so used to winning that they've become spoiled. We've seen it with Brandon Jacobs, Plaxico Burress and even Aaron Ross this past season. It's always easy for a fan to say goodbye to an athlete when they expect better results from some fresh blood, but they are often quick to long for what they once had." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Can he be serious?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Apparently Osi doesn't read these boards. Because 95% of fans will drive him to the airport...

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

This guy will never learn. I thought Shockey had a big mouth but he has nothing on Osi.

Comment

Talk about parallel universe

Comment

What he means is he is actually going to play hard for his new team and get strips again.
            Little does he know the league has changed and passed his skill set behind.......

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              Can he be serious?
              Unless they find a clone of the 2011 JPP to play opposite of JPP and the real JPP plays like the 2011 JPP and not the 2012 JPP, I think Osi will be correct in his assessment.
              Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

What a way to go...
                My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

I like OSI.... I will miss having him on the team.

Comment

I missed him this year.

Comment

I love how he admits that he should have handled things better here..then proceeds to say we will miss him anyway lolol
                      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post
                        Unless they find a clone of the 2011 JPP to play opposite of JPP and the real JPP plays like the 2011 JPP and not the 2012 JPP, I think Osi will be correct in his assessment.
                        What in his performance for the last two years makes you think that?

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                          I missed him this year.
                          Badda Bing

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/07/...m-next-season/

Excerpt: "As of Monday afternoon, 71% of all New York Daily News readers wanted the New York Giants to "dump" defensive end Osi Umenyiora. Having already said it's likely time to move on, Umenyiora wasn't overly offended that so many fans want him gone, but he had a promise for each of them. In fact, he went as far as to "bet his life" that those 71% of fans would be missing him in 2013.

"That same 71% will be saying 'why didn't the giants re-sign him' next season. Lol. I can bet my life on that!" Umenyiora tweeted.

Giants fans are fickle under head coach Tom Coughlin. They are so used to winning that they've become spoiled. We've seen it with Brandon Jacobs, Plaxico Burress and even Aaron Ross this past season. It's always easy for a fan to say goodbye to an athlete when they expect better results from some fresh blood, but they are often quick to long for what they once had." Read more...
                            If he's talking about me...I would load up on life insurance.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              If he's talking about me...I would load up on life insurance.
                              Proof positive players don't lurk here

Comment

Working...
                              X