Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spencer paysinger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Spencer paysinger

    What do we have in this guy? He was second in the NFL in special teams tackles this year and has look okay against the run in the limited chances he was given. If we don't find a stud LB in the offseason, does anyone want to see this guy given a chance?

  • #2
    He got 140 or so snaps on defense this year. About 13% of the total snaps.

    He made a couple plays, but doesnt look like a starter to me. A situational player. But he is very valuable on STs along with Tyler Sash. Neither of them, IMO, are future starters.

    Comment


    • #3
      we haven't had a stud LB in a decade now, we only have serviceable LBs, Paysinger may be another one of those serviceable LB. Te'o looks like he may be one of those stud LB unfortunately for another team.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
        He got 140 or so snaps on defense this year. About 13% of the total snaps.

        He made a couple plays, but doesnt look like a starter to me. A situational player. But he is very valuable on STs along with Tyler Sash. Neither of them, IMO, are future starters.
        That about sums it up. He's a great special teamer, but likely won't ever be much more than a back-up on defense.

        Comment


        • #5
          He looked solid in that last game of the yr, but u just don't notice him enough...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by btbrennan View Post
            What do we have in this guy? He was second in the NFL in special teams tackles this year and has look okay against the run in the limited chances he was given. If we don't find a stud LB in the offseason, does anyone want to see this guy given a chance?
            I have no idea, to be honest with you. Seems like a decent special teamer (that's basically what Reese looks for in his linebackers).
            "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

            "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Drez View Post
              That about sums it up. He's a great special teamer, but likely won't ever be much more than a back-up on defense.
              That is how backups stick with the team.........by being demons on ST. Still like almost everyone here I long for just one "A grade" NFL LB.
              No one remembers who came in second.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jomo View Post
                That is how backups stick with the team.........by being demons on ST. Still like almost everyone here I long for just one "A grade" NFL LB.
                Isn't how that how blackburn got his name?

                Comment


                • #9
                  i actually like Paysinger a lot..I think he has the most upside out of any of the linebackers on the team besides for Jacquain Williams when hes healthy. I think Paysinger is more athletic than Herz or Blackburn and would be a better SLB than anyone we currently have on the team

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X