Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

he should be our new defensive captain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • he should be our new defensive captain

    Antrel Rolle(assuming we don't cut him,,which I don't see happening). He is fiery, outspoken, not afraid to get in someone's face, and nobody doubts how hard he plays and how much he cares for this team. This is no knock on Tuck, he has been a great player, and a great captain for the Giants. The problem is he is just as laid back as Eli. Our captains on both sides of the ball are laid back, play by example type players. Eli is lovingly known as "Easy" by many of us. There is Nothing wrong with that, but I think we could benefit from the combination of fire and ice. Would the Giants ever do that to tuck, probably not, but we really need some guys with a bad attitude(in a good way) on this team, specifically on D. Just my thoughts on moving forward.
    Last edited by ELI_HOF_NYG; 01-08-2013, 12:29 AM.

  • #2
    i agree. just the one thing, is we actually have some nice, young talent, thats most importantly, cheap(er). if hes here next yr, which i believe will be the case, i agree 100% make him the captain on D and get that thang the **** away from tuck.

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't feel like anyone deserves to be defensive captain, but I guess someone has to be it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
        i agree. just the one thing, is we actually have some nice, young talent, thats most importantly, cheap(er). if hes here next yr, which i believe will be the case, i agree 100% make him the captain on D and get that thang the **** away from tuck.
        it's not even getting it away from tuck,,it's firing up the D when it needs it, demanding nothing but excellence, showing emotion on the field,,,it will go a long way with this D, especially second half. and there is no doubt in my mind that if you put that C on trel's chest you will see big things.

        Comment


        • #5
          Yep, Rolle actually leads. Tuck just seems to go about his own thing. I imagine Tuck will remain captain as long as he's on the team, though.

          Comment


          • #6
            I understand your comments on Rolle, but I think being a captain also requires a maturity that I don't know if Rolle has.

            Having said that, I always thought that Tuck was forced into the captain role.....I think he's a class act, but I don't think his personality is the best for what this team needs.
            "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

            "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
              I understand your comments on Rolle, but I think being a captain also requires a maturity that I don't know if Rolle has.

              Having said that, I always thought that Tuck was forced into the captain role.....I think he's a class act, but I don't think his personality is the best for what this team needs.
              there's something about becoming the defensive captain that would bring the best out of rolle. it's time for achange on this team, something must be done.

              Comment


              • #8
                When Rolle said "You don't take **** from no one" last year it was like hearing the angels calling. I am very tired of this politically correct group of loafers tripping over their tampon strings to fluff their next opposing QB. "Soft" is the perfect descriptor for this defense. The scheme is soft, the players are soft, the coach, the effort and the results are soft. Watching Fewell laugh and joke like ****** while getting blown out was nauseating. I would have not considered it an overreaction if TC fired him on the spot.
                Rolle is good player but nowhere near a great player. He has that "dog" in him though. It is that nasty, defiant, punch you in the mouth atitude that every great defense needs a few of. In 2007 AP and Strahan had it, before them guys like Armstead had it. Rolle brought it last year and it permeated through the defense towards the end of the season. In the superbowl game I saw Aaron Ross make three of the best tackles in his career and thought I was watching tape from 2007.
                I wouldn't consider Rolle an ideal leader but he is exactly what this group needs for 2013, If they pick up a fiery young defender in this draft he can eventually take the regins himself.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
                  When Rolle said "You don't take **** from no one" last year it was like hearing the angels calling. I am very tired of this politically correct group of loafers tripping over their tampon strings to fluff their next opposing QB. "Soft" is the perfect descriptor for this defense. The scheme is soft, the players are soft, the coach, the effort and the results are soft. Watching Fewell laugh and joke like ****** while getting blown out was nauseating. I would have not considered it an overreaction if TC fired him on the spot.
                  Rolle is good player but nowhere near a great player. He has that "dog" in him though. It is that nasty, defiant, punch you in the mouth atitude that every great defense needs a few of. In 2007 AP and Strahan had it, before them guys like Armstead had it. Rolle brought it last year and it permeated through the defense towards the end of the season. In the superbowl game I saw Aaron Ross make three of the best tackles in his career and thought I was watching tape from 2007.
                  I wouldn't consider Rolle an ideal leader but he is exactly what this group needs for 2013, If they pick up a fiery young defender in this draft he can eventually take the regins himself.
                  exactly,,and in regards to rolle...he is a 1st round talent who plays out of position quite frequently. his worth to this team can not be measured, most people don't realize it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Rolle will have to restructure to stay...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
                      Rolle will have to restructure to stay...
                      I have a good feeling he will indeed.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Sounds about right to me. Although sometimes I hate his mouth, at least he actually has one.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
                          When Rolle said "You don't take **** from no one" last year it was like hearing the angels calling. I am very tired of this politically correct group of loafers tripping over their tampon strings to fluff their next opposing QB. "Soft" is the perfect descriptor for this defense. The scheme is soft, the players are soft, the coach, the effort and the results are soft. Watching Fewell laugh and joke like ****** while getting blown out was nauseating. I would have not considered it an overreaction if TC fired him on the spot.
                          Rolle is good player but nowhere near a great player. He has that "dog" in him though. It is that nasty, defiant, punch you in the mouth atitude that every great defense needs a few of. In 2007 AP and Strahan had it, before them guys like Armstead had it. Rolle brought it last year and it permeated through the defense towards the end of the season. In the superbowl game I saw Aaron Ross make three of the best tackles in his career and thought I was watching tape from 2007.
                          I wouldn't consider Rolle an ideal leader but he is exactly what this group needs for 2013, If they pick up a fiery young defender in this draft he can eventually take the regins himself.
                          Good points, and I do like his fire, but like I mentioned, I don't know about his maturity level. Sometimes it's not only what you say, but what you don't say.

                          Regardless, I'm happy that the Giants players pick their captains, unlike the Jets....it's one reason why the Jets are a ****ing zoo every season.
                          "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                          "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                            Good points, and I do like his fire, but like I mentioned, I don't know about his maturity level. Sometimes it's not only what you say, but what you don't say.

                            Regardless, I'm happy that the Giants players pick their captains, unlike the Jets....it's one reason why the Jets are a ****ing zoo every season.
                            I think you are just nit picking now,,Rolle would be perfect as team captain and would take his role seriously, he actually cares and wants to win..

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                              I think you are just nit picking now,,Rolle would be perfect as team captain and would take his role seriously, he actually cares and wants to win..
                              I don't think I'm nitpicking. Rolle has said a few things as a Giant that I don't really agree with. It doesn't mean I don't like him.....I think he's got the fire and swagger the team needs.....I just don't think he'd be the best fit as a captain.

                              Tuck is the guy the players selected....they know alot more about team chemistry than I do.

                              Personally, I'd rather have JPP over Rolle as the captain.
                              "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                              "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X