Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we could get Gruden would you fire Coughlin?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we could get Gruden would you fire Coughlin?

I love Tom Coughlin as much as the next guy, but if Jon Gruden were interested in coaching the Giants would you fire Coughlin and hire him? There was a report from Ron Jaworski on Gruden being interested in coaching again but only in the right situation. Giants obviously would be considered a right situation. Would you hire him?

Originally posted by dayeh33 View Post
    I love Tom Coughlin as much as the next guy, but if Jon Gruden were interested in coaching the Giants would you fire Coughlin and hire him? There was a report from Ron Jaworski on Gruden being interested in coaching again but only in the right situation. Giants obviously would be considered a right situation. Would you hire him?
    be careful what you wish for.

Comment

The report also hinted that the ony "interest" in Gruden seemed to be originating out of the Gruden camp.

The Plain Dealer reported Monday that the Cleveland Browns "might pursue" Gruden. We stayed away from the report because the wording indicated it was coming from Gruden's camp, hoping for a nibble. It didn't take long for a rebuttal. A "source with direct knowledge of the situation" told ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio that Gruden isn't on the Browns' radar, and that he won't be.
      Last edited by ebick; 01-08-2013, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Seriously? TC brought us 2 rings already! I would like a D coordinator with the fire and passion Gruden shows

Comment

Commentators drop Gruden's name every off-season. Until he says something himself, he won't be coaching anywhere.

And no, I wouldn't fire Coughlin.

Comment

Hell no.
            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

No. I like Gruden alot, but frankly, I think Coughlin is one of the best coaches in the league. He's in Belichick / Parcells / Walsh / Noll / Landry / Shula territory now.

A coach that wins a Super Bowl proves he can get his job done with the right cast; a coach that wins more than one proves he's a major reason the team got to a Super Bowl in the first place.

As long as John Mara is running this team, Coughlin doesn't go until Coughlin decides to go.
              Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 01-08-2013, 12:23 PM.
              "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                Hell no.
                +1

Comment

Originally posted by fizzlesticks View Post
                  +1
                  +1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Comment

Even the notion of considering another coach is laughable. Not unless they dig up lombardi. The thread is an insult in my opinion. Then again my second line may be too.

Comment

I think that our next head coach is already picked and waiting for Tom to retire. Bill Cower. I have nothing to back that up of course but that's already in place with a wink, nod and handshake but not until Coughlin rides off when he is ready,,,,

Comment

I have no idea how they would possibly have that in place but if this were the off the record case - once tom WANTS to retire - I would be thrilled.

Comment

Hell no!!! Imagine all the confusion on the field. "Hey Jason Tuck, wait.. not you, I mean Justin Pierre Paul, wait....errrr."
                          Forget about it.

Comment

In my book TC stays until he is ready and then

We bring in Saben!!!

Comment

Saben us a Tuna descendant right? Didn't he coach under Bellicheck in CLE?

Comment

Working...
                              X