X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Braylon is a me-first person"

[quote user="Providence"]

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]You make a VERY good point. . .I never really thought about it that way. But you have to admit, how often have you heard a white Major League Baseball player booed by his own fans? If you don't think racism is real, you're just not paying attention.[/quote]

Racism is quite unfortunatelyalive and well, no doubt about that.

[/quote]

Exactly. Giant fans surely were thinking about Phil Simms' blond hair and blue eyes when they were booing him every Sunday. And Chad Pennington must have felt extremely lucky to be white when his fans were cheering his injury.

It's 2009. Time to move forward and quit crying.

Comment

[quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Providence"]

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]You make a VERY good point. . .I never really thought about it that way. But you have to admit, how often have you heard a white Major League Baseball player booed by his own fans? If you don't think racism is real, you're just not paying attention.[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly. Giant fans surely were thinking about Phil Simms' blond hair and blue eyes when they were booing him every Sunday. And Chad Pennington must have felt extremely lucky to be white white when his fans were cheering his injury.

[/quote]

Oh gimme a break Roosie, that is a much different situation. We are going to get on any player that wears blue no matter what their skin color (and rightfully so). I am not saying Giant fans are racist and thatthey only cheer for white players and never give them any grief. My point is that calling Braylon "me-first" is a stereotypical comment that, in my opinion, is based on the fact that he is a young, black WR.

You and Sehorn is God have taken my comment and applied it in a much broader way (i.e. that the same people who call Braylon "me-first" wouldn't hate on Eli because he is white). That is a huge generalization! My point is much more simple and direct: Calling Braylon a selfish guy has more to do with the color of his skin than his actual behavior.

Also, for the record just because Obama is president doesn't mean racism is gone. And you're right, it is 2009, one would think these issues are behind us, but one would be wrong, very wrong. Additionally, Sehorn is God, just because you have a black friend that agrees with you does that make you right? I have several black friends who would disagree with you, so what does that mean?

I bELIeve in February 4, 2018.

Comment

i'm guessin this thread will be deleted soon..

Comment

I don't know how many times I have seen this written in posts on these boards.* I am curious how peolpe know this?* Is it because he has been vocal about his lack of satisfaction with Cleveland?* That's a pretty weak reason if you ask me.* What about when Eli flat out refused to be drafted by the Chargers?* Isn't that more selfish than expressing interest in being traded?* Seriously, an unproven, unsigend, rookie QB was telling the team drafting him he didn't want to play for them?!* That is beyond selfish and dwarfs anything Edwards has done.

The point is this, just because a player at one time or another*has a*"me-first" attitude it doesn't mean we can't win a superbowl with him (like we did with Eli).

Are there real reasons that Edwards' attitude will stop us from being successful or are people just type-casting him because he is a young, black WR?

[/quote]
          its starting to look like half the players in the NFL have me-first attitudes or should I say money-first attitudes...

Comment

[quote user="bandwgn86"]

[/quote]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

:shakes head in disappointment:

Comment

[quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

[/quote] [/quote]

:shakes head in disappointment:
                [/quote]

atleast this much we can agree about....lol

Comment

how does being a me first player have anything to do with racism? Lets all be adults now people...

Comment

I don't know how many times I have seen this written in posts on these boards. I am curious how peolpe know this? Is it because he has been vocal about his lack of satisfaction with Cleveland? That's a pretty weak reason if you ask me. What about when Eli flat out refused to be drafted by the Chargers? Isn't that more selfish than expressing interest in being traded? Seriously, an unproven, unsigend, rookie QB was telling the team drafting him he didn't want to play for them?! That is beyond selfish and dwarfs anything Edwards has done.

The point is this, just because a player at one time or anotherhas a"me-first" attitude it doesn't mean we can't win a superbowl with him (like we did with Eli).

Are there real reasons that Edwards' attitude will stop us from being successful or are people just type-casting him because he is a young, black WR?

[/quote]

Color is moot. Whether or not true, he's perceived as young and selfish. He could bekelly greenor magenta for all I care.

Comment

[quote user="Providence"][quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Providence"]

[/quote]

Exactly. Giant fans surely were thinking about Phil Simms' blond hair and blue eyes when they were booing him every Sunday. And Chad Pennington must have felt extremely lucky to be white white when his fans were cheering his injury.

[/quote]

Oh gimme a break Roosie, that is a much different situation. We are going to get on any player that wears blue no matter what their skin color (and rightfully so). I am not saying Giant fans are racist and thatthey only cheer for white players and never give them any grief. My point is that calling Braylon "me-first" is a stereotypical comment that, in my opinion, is based on the fact that he is a young, black WR.

You and Sehorn is God have taken my comment and applied it in a much broader way (i.e. that the same people who call Braylon "me-first" wouldn't hate on Eli because he is white). That is a huge generalization! My point is much more simple and direct: Calling Braylon a selfish guy has more to do with the color of his skin than his actual behavior.

Also, for the record just because Obama is president doesn't mean racism is gone. And you're right, it is 2009, one would think these issues are behind us, but one would be wrong, very wrong. Additionally, Sehorn is God, just because you have a black friend that agrees with you does that make you right? I have several black friends who would disagree with you, so what does that mean?

[/quote]

The one thing I've always been proud about with sports is it's color-blindnesses. The only color that matters is the uniform color.

I don't know anything about Edwards so I can't comment on him. But other than the obvious slime who pop up once in a while, I haven't witnessed any unfair bias based on race.

Look at Shockey as another example. Did we beat on any Giant more than that guy?

Obama as president only speaks volumes how far we've come as a country. Yes we're still divided, but that's only natural given our relatively young age as a nation.

BTW, how do you think everyone would have reacted had Bush given the order to kill those 3 African teenagers holding that Captain hostage?

Comment

[quote user="dlivesay"][quote user="Providence"]

[/quote] attitude? I don't think so. didn't he pledge something like a million dollars for college scholarships for cleveland kids last year? I think the issue is that he's really only had one good year. his rookie year was cut short because of a knee injury. 61-884-6 his second year, pretty pedestrian. he had a great 3rd year and last year was disappointing. I'm not sure you're getting the 1,000 yard 10 TD guarantee you got when you had plax. would I still give up a 1 and 3 for him? well...yes i would. but theres risk involved, don't kid yourself.[/quote]I 2nd matt, look at david carr he did well when he came in to play. why u say, we got a good overall team. not like the texans or the browns.

Comment

[quote user="Providence"][quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Providence"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It meansI can actually see thingsnot asan idealist, but as a realist.I could care less if someone you know agrees or disagrees, to be honest. It'slegitimate context to my argument and I live my life as a well-informed, educated person who has real-life experience... not implying at all that YOU don't, but now you can't infer that I'm an ignorant idealist. I'm not implying that I'm "right" - it's an opinion.

Your comment was completely out of line, for the record. You're implying that people are making comments about Braylon because of his skin color - that's the furthest thing from the truth. It has literaly NOTHING to do with the issue... I don't even know how anyone could even think that's remotely related to Braylon Edwards' supposed label of being a me-first player.

A-Rod's a me-first player. Terrell Owens is a me-first player. Even Favre is a me-first player. Braylon Edwards has always appeared to be a total team player in my eyes - the only issue has been Ohio fans who resent his Michigan rival roots.... that's literally it. This kind of thinking of race being an issue is what holds our country back, I swear. Less people feel this way than the media has made you believe. I get along with anyone/everyone on an individual basis - it's rare that I meet someone on this planet who's simply THAT unlikeable/unsociable.

Shockey = the ULTIMATE me-first player!!! My God, how many of us were glad to DUMP him last summer!!! =) The absolute perfect example...

Comment

[quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Providence"][quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Providence"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The one thing I've always been proud about with sports is it's color-blindnesses. The only color that matters is the uniform color.

I don't know anything about Edwards so I can't comment on him. But other than the obvious slime who pop up once in a while, I haven't witnessed any unfair bias based on race.

Look at Shockey as another example. Did we beat on any Giant more than that guy?

Obama as president only speaks volumes how far we've come as a country. Yes we're still divided, but that's only natural given our relatively young age as a nation.

BTW, how do you think everyone would have reacted had Bush given the order to kill those 3 African teenagers holding that Captain hostage?

[/quote]

Flawless post. Seriously.

Btw, anyone hear anything bad about the War in Iraq lately...? I haven't! Hmmm...

Comment

[quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Providence"][quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Providence"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I see your point. We can elect a President who will spend us into oblivion no matter what the color of his skin is.

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Providence"][quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Providence"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I see your point. We can elect a President who will spend us into oblivion no matter what the color of his skin is.

[/quote]

Sorry Morehead []

Comment

Working...
                                X