X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Legit Reason I miss Shockey

I don't miss Shockey. He was a pin in the arss

BUT.........

If you ask me, this team could use some fire, personality and a a bit of attitude on offense...other then Bradshaw the offense is comprised of a multitude of laid back personalities. I love Eli, Cruz, Nicks and Snee and their unhurried demeanor is also a great quality and attribute. I just feel that you need to balance that "relaxed" with some more hungry/vocal presence.

-JD

It's true for both sides of the ball

Comment

That's not a legit reason. Shockey wasn't just a rah-rah fiery guy. He was a tumor who whined and complained and then went out and dropped balls and laughed it off.

Comment

the team needs the right kind of attitude.

it's the attitude of "get in line, do your job on and off the field, or you're letting us all down and we don't need you here".

i don't think that was shockey's attitude.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M00KIE View Post
          That's not a legit reason. Shockey wasn't just a rah-rah fiery guy. He was a tumor who whined and complained and then went out and dropped balls and laughed it off.
          when shockey left i watched alot (well, like 6) Saints games to see what shockey was like with what everyone considered as a much better QB than Eli.

Brees damn near killed shockey that year. Never saw a QB yell at a receiver so much in my life.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
            when shockey left i watched alot (well, like 6) Saints games to see what shockey was like with what everyone considered as a much better QB than Eli.

Brees damn near killed shockey that year. Never saw a QB yell at a receiver so much in my life.
            I seem to remember Brees grabbing him by his facemask and yelling at him at one point.

Comment

I seem to remember Brees grabbing him by his facemask and yelling at him at one point.
              LOL

at one point times 100.
              sigpic

Comment

+1

Comment

I think you guys missed the point of his post. He said he was a pain in the *** but liked his fired up mentality. He showed emotion on the field. He is not saying he misses the guy justs wants more passion and positive emotion from the guys we have...right?

Comment

for sure - while we won with a an even keeled Eli (who most said never had an ounce of leadership in him) what we really need is a blowhard who cant keep his emotions in check in an extremely emotional game. Emotion is overrated - playing the game well is not.

Comment

Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
                      I think you guys missed the point of his post. He said he was a pain in the *** but liked his fired up mentality. He showed emotion on the field. He is not saying he misses the guy justs wants more passion and positive emotion from the guys we have...right?
                      No I think the OP wanted everyone on the team to be jackasses

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

True but I also thought Burress brought toughness to the team. We won a Superbowl with Plax and Boss, Shockey was up in the booth with a broken leg. Shockey was the spark we needed for the Fassel Giants but Plax was the spark for the early Coughlin Giants. It's obvious by how we fell flat on our faces in 08 after he shot himself.
                        Last edited by BurnerNYG; 01-09-2013, 01:47 AM.

Comment

That was due to the production of a very good receiver, not spark or emotion - he was eli's Number one and once he lost that eli lost his best security blanket and really didnt have the time to adjust to the lesser weapons.

Comment

Plax brought attitude to our receiving corps. Toomer and Hilliard were humble guys all those years. What Plax did in the NFC Championship game was a thing of beauty. He wasn't afraid to run down the field and block whoever neither.

Comment

Originally posted by dave56dj View Post
                              That was due to the production of a very good receiver, not spark or emotion - he was eli's Number one and once he lost that eli lost his best security blanket and really didnt have the time to adjust to the lesser weapons.
                              How about that comeback against Philly a few years back? Who caught the winning pass and yelled into the crowd? We use to own Philly when Plax was here.

Comment

Working...
                              X