Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best College Football Team vs Worst NFL Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best College Football Team vs Worst NFL Team

    I know this topic has been mentioned over and over and people say how the best college team has no chance at beating the worst NFL Team. And you have guys like Mike Golic said it wouldn't even be close. They mentioned how if Alabama faced Jacksonville on a neutral field it was something like Jags -24 as the spread the Jaguars would blow out the Tide.


    I always hear stuff like of course the NFL Team will win because they have 53 NFL players as the best college team only has maybe 10-11 max and they would never get more than x amount in the 1st round. And also how most of the players on alabama won't even play in the nfl.


    This is where I get confused. NFL teams draft the best college players starting in the 1st round etc. However, how many players get drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round and become decent nfl players. I could name quite a few. Then you have some nfl players who never got drafted and right now are pretty good such as Victor Cruz who played for UMass yet was never drafted. I mean, how did that happen. Then there are a few guys in the NFL who NEVER played college football.The biggest argument is that nfl players are must stronger and faster than the best college football players. I agree that is true but what about the bottom of the nfl players. People say how even the guys on the practice squad are all good. Yeah thats true but are you guys saying those players would be better than the top players from Alabama? You telling me you rather have a guy drafted in the 5th round from Samford as oppose to a player that is going to be drafted in the 1st round from alabama? The other thing is the great player from Samford probably didn't even play against any tough competition like how a player from Alabama plays against SEC competition. Also, does anyone here agree there are some players in the NFL that shouldn' even be in the NFL?



    When people talk about how nfl players are much bigger than college players etc and faster. Ummm... they did an article and Alabama's offensive and defensive lines are BIGGER than the Jaguars and the chiefs. So what does that mean then? Also, people talk about how some college players who are very good won't be good at the nfl level because they are too short etc. I kind of laugh when people say he's too short at LB because he's only 6'1. Ummm... isn't Ray Lewis 6'1? Then you hear stuff like some good CB will have hard time to adjust in the nfl level because they are 5-9 to 5-10 and too short. Isn't Brandon Flowers from the chiefs 5'9 only and all pro CB? So isn't he going to have a tough time guarding a 6'2 WR from alabama then because he's 5 inches shorter? I hear so much about how they say certain college players are too short etc and they are not the prototype nfl player such as 6'4-6-5 for a QB, 6'2 for a WR, 6'5 for TE, 6'6 for an offensive linemen and 6'5 for defensive linemen, 6'0 for a CB etc... but in reality isn't it true about half of the starters in the NFL are that prototype?


    Also, people say Alabama won't even cross the 50 yard line. Anyone here think this is just exaggeration? I mean, shutting out a team like Alabama would be very tough because you can't make any mistake and that includes special teams. I mean, you going to tell me if the Jaguars or Chiefs play an offensive powerhouse like Oregon, Oregon won't score more than 7 points?



    When you look at the Jaguars. Are you telling me you rather have a guy that was a star in college that isn't that good like southern miss or arizona vs a player from Alabama?

  • #2
    I agree with Mike Golic.....even the weakest NFL team would overpower Alabama.

    Alabama beat alot of kids that will be occupying office space next fall.

    Also, NFL teams have guys that went through 4 years of college and 5+ years of pro ball.

    So, you are comparing guys who are 28, 29 against kids, really.

    From an experience and psychological standpoint, that's huge.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 01-08-2013, 06:34 PM.
    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

    "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

    Comment


    • #3
      The Jaguars actually have a very underrated defensive unit that could stand up to most teams if they received help from their offense on a more consistent basis. They have a real shot at beating Alabama but I could easily see Henne or Gabbert making a crucial mistake against the Roll Tide defense.

      Oakland would be an easier team for Alabama to beat since they are horrible at stopping the run. Rookie Doug Martin put 250 on them like it was nothing so all Saban would have to do is punch the ball down the Raiders throats with a Lacy/Yeldon combo and the team would easily reach 175+ on the ground. Maybe the Chiefs too if they can contain Charles and possibly the 2nd half Eagles (weren't they the youngest team this year?) since they fielded a ton of rookies.

      Only those three teams do I confidently say Alabama could beat. The other NFL squads should win by 7+ and so forth...

      Comment


      • #4
        yet another stupid thread...Fred.....

        nice you are 3 for 3....
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
          The Jaguars actually have a very underrated defensive unit that could stand up to most teams if they received help from their offense on a more consistent basis. They have a real shot at beating Alabama but I could easily see Henne or Gabbert making a crucial mistake against the Roll Tide defense.

          Oakland would be an easier team for Alabama to beat since they are horrible at stopping the run. Rookie Doug Martin put 250 on them like it was nothing so all Saban would have to do is punch the ball down the Raiders throats with a Lacy/Yeldon combo and the team would easily reach 175+ on the ground. Maybe the Chiefs too if they can contain Charles and possibly the 2nd half Eagles (weren't they the youngest team this year?) since they fielded a ton of rookies.

          Only those three teams do I confidently say Alabama could beat. The other NFL squads should win by 7+ and so forth...
          I think any NFL team would destroy Alabama through the air.
          "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

          "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

          Comment


          • #6
            I think the only team that could possibly have any trouble beating Bama is the Cards with Lindley at QB

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
              I think any NFL team would destroy Alabama through the air.
              I don't know about that. Chiefs, Jaguars, Cardinals are horrible at attacking through the air. Cards would probably win just because of their defense but I don't see how the Raiders would get off the field against Alabama's ground game. Considering Alabama is on the verge of building the best "college dynasty" in history, it's actually a valid discussion to wonder how they would do against the bottom 5 teams. Anything outside of that though and I'd predict Alabama loses handily.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                I don't know about that. Chiefs, Jaguars, Cardinals are horrible at attacking through the air. Cards would probably win just because of their defense but I don't see how the Raiders would get off the field against Alabama's ground game. Considering Alabama is on the verge of building the best "college dynasty" in history, it's actually a valid discussion to wonder how they would do against the bottom 5 teams. Anything outside of that though and I'd predict Alabama loses handily.
                I just don't think Alabama could handle the speed and precision of a pro passing game. I understand your point, though.
                "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                Comment


                • #9
                  Simply put all NFL would beat even the best college team simply for this reason...all NFL teams have NFL level talent (regardless of what some might think),,,College teams, even the best of them, only have a handful of NFL level players and even those NFL level players have not yet been coached and prepped like an NFL player.

                  Absolutely no way any NFL team loses to any college team, probably ever.......except maybe the Jets!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                    I just don't think Alabama could handle the speed and precision of a pro passing game. I understand your point, though.
                    Also would matter which rules they would go by. If they went with professional rules, I could see the college defensive backs easily struggle. PI is much harsher in the NFL too so Oakland's offense could easily move the ball by Alabama penalties.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      One foot down does not equal a completion - Bama loses.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                        Also would matter which rules they would go by. If they went with professional rules, I could see the college defensive backs easily struggle. PI is much harsher in the NFL too so Oakland's offense could easily move the ball by Alabama penalties.
                        Yeah, I was assuming NFL rules.
                        "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                        "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The worst NFL team would absolutely destroy any college team.

                          /thread

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I dunno man....Personally I'd like to see it. I think we should have the toilet bowl after the superbowl.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by hungrrrry View Post
                              Simply put all NFL would beat even the best college team simply for this reason...all NFL teams have NFL level talent (regardless of what some might think),,,College teams, even the best of them, only have a handful of NFL level players and even those NFL level players have not yet been coached and prepped like an NFL player.

                              Absolutely no way any NFL team loses to any college team, probably ever.......except maybe the Jets!
                              Bama's whole team has NFL Level talent. what other program can so consistantly loose guys, 1st and 2nd round talent guys, the way Bama does and just replace them with Guys that are 1st/2nd round guys? Alabama went from McClain>Hightower>Nico Johnson and C.J. Mosley. from Kareem Jackson>Javier Arenas>Dre KirkPatrick>Dee Milliner. Terrance Cody>Marcel Dareus>Josh Chapman. Mark Ingram>Trent Richardson>Eddie Lacey. Andre Smith>James Carpenter> D.J. Fluker. I could go on and on.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X