Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Matt Ryan wins a ring this year, will he be threatening Eli's Elite spot?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes people look at stats and consider it, end all be all. Eli was playing behind a terrible oline which forced our crippled rb to pass block on every pass attempt. Our no1 recievers was injured practically the entire year but played anyway. He was easily blanketed which allowed teams to double, triple cover Cruz. No other QB had to throw into tighter windows every game while getting hit. I don't know if it was redeye or ya tittle who said earlier in the year that he was making throws maybe 2 other qb's make. At one point we were scoring 30 points a gams and Eli was leading the league in passing yards. It all went downhill after his 200 yard streak ended in the 49's game. He actually played good in this game, 49's at the time were the no ranked pass defense and Eli had thrown for 176 yards at the half. Since we had a big lead and were running well, we ran the ball the entire 2nd half instead of trying to pad stats in a blow out. We had big leads in the Dallas and pit games too, but our coaches start playing to kill the clock in the second half which then hurts the passing numbers. Then you have the 2nd Washington game, Eli was close to 200 yards in the 1st half with a td could have had more if the coached didn't forces running plays. We need to build our line and use our healthy recievers and improve our play calling. TD passes are overrated, when teams go in they try to pass first, with the exception of the 2nd ph and NO games, we try to punch it in like parcells's giants. Lets add up Eli manning's td passes and giants rushing td' that were inside the 20 and compare them to td scored by other teams. He'll be right up there even with all the problems that we had.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
      Sometimes people look at stats and consider it, end all be all. Eli was playing behind a terrible oline which forced our crippled rb to pass block on every pass attempt. Our no1 recievers was injured practically the entire year but played anyway. He was easily blanketed which allowed teams to double, triple cover Cruz. No other QB had to throw into tighter windows every game while getting hit. I don't know if it was redeye or ya tittle who said earlier in the year that he was making throws maybe 2 other qb's make. At one point we were scoring 30 points a gams and Eli was leading the league in passing yards. It all went downhill after his 200 yard streak ended in the 49's game. He actually played good in this game, 49's at the time were the no ranked pass defense and Eli had thrown for 176 yards at the half. Since we had a big lead and were running well, we ran the ball the entire 2nd half instead of trying to pad stats in a blow out. We had big leads in the Dallas and pit games too, but our coaches start playing to kill the clock in the second half which then hurts the passing numbers. Then you have the 2nd Washington game, Eli was close to 200 yards in the 1st half with a td could have had more if the coached didn't forces running plays. We need to build our line and use our healthy recievers and improve our play calling. TD passes are overrated, when teams go in they try to pass first, with the exception of the 2nd ph and NO games, we try to punch it in like parcells's giants. Lets add up Eli manning's td passes and giants rushing td' that were inside the 20 and compare them to td scored by other teams. He'll be right up there even with all the problems that we had.
      Dude, can't you just admit that you are 420? lol it's painfully obvious the way you write/type. Your writing styles are exactly the same the only difference is you make an attempt to capitalize and use punctuation with DarkSaint.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

Let me just spell it out........I don't see the Falcons winning the SB this year.....so no threat anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          I'm not sure Eli is that high after this season. I still don't like "elite" as it's not a status that anyone has quantified except to say so and so is elite.
          elite status to me is what you do in the playoffs,,regular season stats are fine and dandy,,but ask marino if he would trade that all for just one ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantz4Life View Post
            Dude, can't you just admit that you are 420? lol it's painfully obvious the way you write/type. Your writing styles are exactly the same the only difference is you make an attempt to capitalize and use punctuation with DarkSaint.
            This is getting old. Don't you mean our opinions are similar instead?

Comment

Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
              Meh. The entire ELIte thing is because of the E-L-I. If we were to actually get technical about it, there are only 2-3 actual ELIte QBs in NFL and as of right now, Eli Manning is not one of them. They would be Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Now, if we were writing about ELIte post season QBs, Eli Manning is in that discussion. Of course this can all chancge next year in regard to overall ELIteness.

I couldn’t care less if Matt Ryan or anyone else is ranked higher or lower than Eli Manning. All I am concerned with is Eli Manning stepping it up and getting This Team back on track next season.

Matt Ryan not winning a Ring this year. Tom Brady is not gonna be denied this time.
              Who are you and what have you done with Buffy?
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                Who are you?
                Take a good guess
                Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

You can't spell Eli without Elite

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

i was looking at the whole picture. not just this year but the last 5 years. matt has been improving steadily.
                    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                      elite status to me is what you do in the playoffs,,regular season stats are fine and dandy,,but ask marino if he would trade that all for just one ring.
                      trade the hall of fame for a super bowl ring?

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        Who are you and what have you done with Buffy?
                        I am right here buddy. Lol.......

I think that what folks are failing to see about this past season is that with all the issues we had with our OC, DC, players not panning out, injuries, dropped passes, etc......etc......., that we still could have made it to the playoffs if Eli Manning had stepped up and he didn't, not in 2012. ELIte QBs step up in those situations when the rest of their team is not performing and the ELIte QBs make his teammates play better. Eli Manning did this in 2011, the 2007 playoff run and at other times throughout his career. However, he has not been consistent with that. I was hoping that we would have the Eli of 2011 but we didn't this past season and that is the main reason that we didn't make the playoffs. Whatever our problems were, we were still very close and Eli Manning is our leader and we praise him when we win but we also need to take account of when we don't win because of him. Eli is how this team goes. He is how this team will go for at least the next 5-7 years.

If someone were to say that Eli is an ELIte post season QB then fine. If someone were to say that Eli is an ELIte SuperBowl QB then fine. If someone were to say that when Eli is on he is one of the best then fine. However, if we are going to call Eli an overall ELIte QB then we need that guy from 2011 back. This team needs that guy from 2011 back and I think it is possible.

As everyone knows, Eli is my favorite NY Giant and I know we will have a lot of exciting football from him for years to come and if the 2011 Eli doesn't come back and we keep the 2012 version then hey, I am fine with that too. It just means that we will constantly fight to make the playoffs but when we do, we know we can trust Eli to really step it up and that means a lot.

I have faith that ELIte Eli from 2011 will be coming back to lead this team in 2013.

I bELIeve.

Comment

I can't stand Ryan. Can't stand the Falcons. I hope they get blown up this weekend.
                          Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

Where is the option for who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by NYFG View Post
                              Where is the option for who cares?
                              Its called..Not posting in this thread.
                              You have failed.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
                                the 3 best qbs in the nfl dont play in a dome. i dont think its a huge factor.
                                no i agree.. elite qbs are elite everywhere.. but i think domes make normal to good qbs better.. for example brees that plays like 40% better in the dome than outside.. and so does matt ryan..

Comment

Working...
                                X