Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Matt Ryan wins a ring this year, will he be threatening Eli's Elite spot?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who gives a Da@# what people think about "Elite" status? Opinions are like noses, everyone has one and they all smell. The bottom line is winning, losing and Championships. Piss on writers and fans and ignorant players opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
      I am right here buddy. Lol.......

I think that what folks are failing to see about this past season is that with all the issues we had with our OC, DC, players not panning out, injuries, dropped passes, etc......etc......., that we still could have made it to the playoffs if Eli Manning had stepped up and he didn't, not in 2012. ELIte QBs step up in those situations when the rest of their team is not performing and the ELIte QBs make his teammates play better. Eli Manning did this in 2011, the 2007 playoff run and at other times throughout his career. However, he has not been consistent with that. I was hoping that we would have the Eli of 2011 but we didn't this past season and that is the main reason that we didn't make the playoffs. Whatever our problems were, we were still very close and Eli Manning is our leader and we praise him when we win but we also need to take account of when we don't win because of him. Eli is how this team goes. He is how this team will go for at least the next 5-7 years.

If someone were to say that Eli is an ELIte post season QB then fine. If someone were to say that Eli is an ELIte SuperBowl QB then fine. If someone were to say that when Eli is on he is one of the best then fine. However, if we are going to call Eli an overall ELIte QB then we need that guy from 2011 back. This team needs that guy from 2011 back and I think it is possible.

As everyone knows, Eli is my favorite NY Giant and I know we will have a lot of exciting football from him for years to come and if the 2011 Eli doesn't come back and we keep the 2012 version then hey, I am fine with that too. It just means that we will constantly fight to make the playoffs but when we do, we know we can trust Eli to really step it up and that means a lot.

I have faith that ELIte Eli from 2011 will be coming back to lead this team in 2013.

I bELIeve.
      Great post.
      http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
      http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
      http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Here's my list of QB's I would take over Eli Manning right now (Not saying that all are better, but who I would take going forward because of their skill set and potential):

Tom Brady
        Aaron Rodgers
        Drew Brees
        Big Ben
        Andrew Luck
        Matt Ryan
        Cam Newton

Comment

Originally posted by rEaS View Post
          no i agree.. elite qbs are elite everywhere.. but i think domes make normal to good qbs better.. for example brees that plays like 40% better in the dome than outside.. and so does matt ryan..
          Do you think its mainly the dome, (not saying it isnt) or that they just play better at home? the sea hawks is another team that plays really good at home.
          Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

Originally posted by sharick88 View Post
            Here's my list of QB's I would take over Eli Manning right now (Not saying that all are better, but who I would take going forward because of their skill set and potential):

Tom Brady
            Aaron Rodgers
            Drew Brees
            Big Ben
            Andrew Luck
            Matt Ryan
            Cam Newton
            i could understand your reasoning behind all of those choices except for cam lol.
            Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              Its called..Not posting in this thread.
              You have failed.
              Its called I don't have a complex of what other people who have nothing to do with Eli or the New York Football Giants, care or say about Eli. Apparently you and everyone else who dignified this post with a response does and its quite frankly pathetic and insecure.

Comment

Originally posted by NYFG View Post
                Its called I don't have a complex of what other people who have nothing to do with Eli or the New York Football Giants, care or say about Eli. Apparently you and everyone else who dignified this post with a response does and its quite frankly pathetic and insecure.
                Yet its you who continues to post in this thread.

Oh the irony!
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  Yet its you who continues to post in this thread.

Oh the irony!
                  Right but did I say anything about Matt Ryan being considered better than Eli?

Comment

Originally posted by NYFG View Post
                    Right but did I say anything about Matt Ryan being considered better than Eli?
                    I read in between the lines......You said that Eli sucks.
                    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
                      i could understand your reasoning behind all of those choices except for cam lol.
                      I can understand why you disagree with Cam. I see a lot of Big Ben in him and he also is super dangerous when he gets into the open field. I think he is going to be the man really soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X