Stevie
    0.00%
    Give it back to Tuck
    3.23%
    Other
    3.23%
    View more answers
    View less answers
    who should be our defensive captain for 2013?

• ELI_HOF_NYG
    replied
    I am very pleased with the outcome of this poll,,,,toad,,,I think this thread back fired on you.

Leave a comment:

• Carter.525
    replied
    Rolle.. Best leader we have

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    Originally posted by NYGisBallin View Post
    He finished two behind Blackburn I think... Chase had 98 Rolle 96?

Either way, Rolle plays every game, out of his position at times for the good of the team and consistently puts up numbers. On the field he leads by example.
    I stand corrected. He lead in solo tackles.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-09-2013, 01:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NYGisBallin
    replied
    Originally posted by Razur View Post
    Rolle, and I think it's because of him taking it upon himself to not only address the media ( which we all know he can sometime misfire with comments, but that will improve with more practice), but to also deal with The coaches on a level of laison for his team mates. He's not intimadated by titles, and has respect for them, and ..mostly because he has a sense of accountability. I give Blackburn all the credit for PLAYING at an inspirational level. Chase has done nothing but demonstrated he IS worthy of wearing the Giants uniform, but, not sure he can lead a team with anything of a verbal mission statement, as Rolle can. Rolle likes to talk, Chase likes to play...both are great candidates. But, Rolle is a natural at it.
    +1.. Rolle comes to play though.. you can believe that!

Leave a comment:

• Razur
    replied
    Rolle, and I think it's because of him taking it upon himself to not only address the media ( which we all know he can sometime misfire with comments, but that will improve with more practice), but to also deal with The coaches on a level of laison for his team mates. He's not intimadated by titles, and has respect for them, and ..mostly because he has a sense of accountability. I give Blackburn all the credit for PLAYING at an inspirational level. Chase has done nothing but demonstrated he IS worthy of wearing the Giants uniform, but, not sure he can lead a team with anything of a verbal mission statement, as Rolle can. Rolle likes to talk, Chase likes to play...both are great candidates. But, Rolle is a natural at it.

Leave a comment:

• Mercury
    replied
    Boy do I miss Harry Carson.

Leave a comment:

• NYGisBallin
    replied
    Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He lead rhe team in tackles
    He finished two behind Blackburn I think... Chase had 98 Rolle 96?

Either way, Rolle plays every game, out of his position at times for the good of the team and consistently puts up numbers. On the field he leads by example.

Leave a comment:

• Jahh
    replied
    Originally posted by NYGisBallin View Post
    Yeah, because that was because of his "attitude" and not getting used to a new position...
    I obviously don't have a link from an article last year but he said it himself.

Edit: Just googled this. Pretty much every article says something like "he eventually accepted" or "it took a while for him to come around" referring to the nickel role.

Leave a comment:

• NYGisBallin
    replied
    Originally posted by Jahh View Post
    I'm referring to him accepting the nickel role. Once he committed to it he actually played it rather well. Prior to that, defense was a mess.
    Yeah, because that was because of his "attitude" and not getting used to a new position...

Leave a comment:

• Jahh
    replied
    You don't just slap a "C" on someone's chest and then all of a sudden the team feeds of that person. The team doesn't choose these people.

Leave a comment:

• Jahh
    replied
    Rolle has played out of position more than in and rarely takes himself out of a game
    I'm referring to him accepting the nickel role. Once he committed to it he actually played it rather well. Prior to that, defense was a mess.

Leave a comment:

• Jahh
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    I'll bet anything that what you consider the time that he "decided" to play ball is when KP was not hurt, on the field and enabled Rolle to do more.
    I don't remember the injury situation at the end of last year honestly.

Leave a comment:

• Moke
    replied
    If only that has to do with anything he actually said.

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
    +1 Rolle gives great effort (what I like most about him) but he tends to talk too big and not show enough discipline.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X