Anybody Else Worried about next season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Else Worried about next season

It looks like we are going to have the same OC and DC. We will probably have the same injury prone players who will start getting hurt right out of the gate, then injuries will trickle down throughout the entire season. We will try to make do with players who are more or less 2nd and 3rd string caliber players. Nothing indicates the organization has any sense of urgency in fixing these glaring problems, or that they even acknowlege there is a problem.

I bet by game 3 we will alread be down 2 DBs, 1 OL, and 1 WR.... possibly 1 RB.

Might as well not watch the games then....
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
      It looks like we are going to have the same OC and DC. We will probably have the same injury prone players who will start getting hurt right out of the gate, then injuries will trickle down throughout the entire season. We will try to make do with players who are more or less 2nd and 3rd string caliber players. Nothing indicates the organization has any sense of urgency in fixing these glaring problems, or that they even acknowlege there is a problem.

You mean the same OC and DC that won us a superbowl less than a year ago?

Its Football, Its the NFL, INJURIES HAPPEN TO EVERYONE! That isnt the reason we're not playing this weekend.

Sense of urgency to fixing things? What should we do? Have our own Draft January 9th to please you?

Its enough already with these types of threads.
      Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

Comment

Absolutely not. We tend to forget that we won a SB last year with these coordinators and group of players. The NFL is cyclical. Plus, our schedule seems to be much easier next year. We will be fine.

Comment

I am worried about every season

Comment

C'mon, we have habitualy injured players that screw up the whole chemistry of the team.... As for the OC and DC... They are average.... and we see every season solid players on the Free Agency, in positions we need to improve, get gobbled up by other teams.

I agree with Nick Saban.... he refuses to use the term defending champs.... He prefers to celebrate the championship only briefly then put it on the shelf. He does not factor previous seasons into his formula for success for the current season. Basically, we won 2 SBs, but that means squat the following season.... especially when you miss the playoffs.

Comment

It looks like we are going to have the same OC and DC. We will probably have the same injury prone players who will start getting hurt right out of the gate, then injuries will trickle down throughout the entire season. We will try to make do with players who are more or less 2nd and 3rd string caliber players. Nothing indicates the organization has any sense of urgency in fixing these glaring problems, or that they even acknowlege there is a problem. I bet by game 3 we will alread be down 2 DBs, 1 OL, and 1 WR.... possibly 1 RB.
              I say we forfeit next season
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I'm excited for next year. We have a solid group of young players coming back. If we draft well and fill in a few holes we will have a great team.

Nicks-Cruz-Randle will be better than Nicks-Cruz-Manningham.
                "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all – land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Comment

I predict a similar season next year, up and down. Most of the players on defense will still be here, so nothing new there. If we have a solid draft I may be a lot more optimistic. That being said I'm never worried.

Comment

C'mon, we have habitualy injured players that screw up the whole chemistry of the team.... As for the OC and DC... They are average.... and we see every season solid players on the Free Agency, in positions we need to improve, get gobbled up by other teams.

I agree with Nick Saban.... he refuses to use the term defending champs.... He prefers to celebrate the championship only briefly then put it on the shelf. He does not factor previous seasons into his formula for success for the current season. Basically, we won 2 SBs, but that means squat the following season.... especially when you miss the playoffs.

How did Nick Saban do as an NFL coach?

We're a roller-coaster team with a roller coaster quarterback. That is the biggest issue we need to address.

Why aren't we able to maintain a level of consistency?
                    Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

Concerns? Of course. The same coaches you speak of won a Super Bowl less than a year ago. Lol. Wow! They do need a couple of players, stay healthy, and current players just need to be better.

Comment

since we have no money to make a splash in FA to fix certain positions we have to count on the draft and hope that the 2 coordinators can come up with some new looks on both sides of the ball and be a LOT more imaginative...

Comment

i find it frustrating that fans don't think a team can improve unless there's drastic changes.

they don't look like they have the same sense of urgency as us because half of us evaluate the problem as the need to fire coaches, and the other half see it as a need to nearly revamp the entire roster.

they may see the problem as completely different as we do.

again, this fanbase might as well divide themselves up into 2 sides: fans that trust this FO and HC, and fans that don't.

i don't know what else this organization has to do, other than winning 2 superbowls in the last 5 years, to prove that they're certainly not perfect, but they clearly know what the **** they're doing.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm not worried they are god awful the second half of every season. I'm used to it. Maybe they can get hot during playoff hunt time but I don't see it with this crew.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                              How did Nick Saban do as an NFL coach?

We're a roller-coaster team with a roller coaster quarterback. That is the biggest issue we need to address.

Why aren't we able to maintain a level of consistency?
                              Why did Eli start out playing well then drop off during the season? Is it just Eli, or are there other factors? Some people are defending the Coordinators because we won two SBs with our OC and one SB with our DC.... but Eli was the SBMVP in both of those wins.

My point is we need to look at the recent changes in the NFL and see if there is an upgrade out there at OC or DC. If not, fine, we plug along with the guys we have. We also need to look at the FA out there to see if we can improve our roster going into next season. It is very frustrating keeping guys around that you know will not play an entire season. It kills the chemistry for atleast 2 or 3 games when key players are out... and you guys know I am right.

As for the person above who does not like Saban, he will likely go down as one of the best College FB coaches...... ever. That aside, my reference to him was you can't relax because you won a Championship. He knows that means nothing going into the next season, as we have proven twice. You have always got to look for ways to improve your team. We have two average coordinators, and we have habitualy injured players, and we seem to squander FA opportunities..... and then we wonder why we are a roller coaster or inconsistent team.

Comment

Working...
                              X