Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kevin Boothe Uncertain Of His Future With Giants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kevin Boothe Uncertain Of His Future With Giants

    http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/09/...w-york-giants/

    Excerpt: "Perhaps the best player on the New York Giants that nobody talked about this season was starting left guard Kevin Boothe. Although the offensive line play was dismal at times this season, that was more so because of the right side of the unit. David Diehl and Chris Snee each had the worst seasons of their career, while center David Baas continued to disappoint. On the other hand, Boothe was a reliable blocker and showed the ability to perform against elite competition.

    Unfortunately for the Giants, Boothe is a free agent this offseason and will be free to field offers from any team interested in his services. He recently toldGiants.com that he's uncertain of what the future holds for him.
    "I’m not sure how it all plays out. I know they have a lot of tough decisions to make upstairs and I can’t really think about it too much because there’s things that I can’t control," Boothe said. "So we’ll see. I think we made a lot of progress this year on the offensive line and I think that we can definitely improve. So I’m looking forward to whatever happens." Read more...

    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

  • #2
    I could see a few teams being interested in his services. Guy is versatile and stays healthy. It would be a loss if we lose him.

    Giants fan since the early 80s

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ny06 View Post
      I could see a few teams being interested in his services. Guy is versatile and stays healthy. It would be a loss if we lose him.
      He is one of two offensive players to play 99% of the snaps in 2012
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

      Comment


      • #4
        We won't break the bank on him so I hope that's not what he's expecting. That said he's a good versatile G/C and it would be a big loss if we had to replace him as well as Diehl and look for 2 other linemen.
        "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
          We won't break the bank on him so I hope that's not what he's expecting. That said he's a good versatile G/C and it would be a big loss if we had to replace him as well as Diehl and look for 2 other linemen.
          I can't imagine Diehl or Osi surviving this season so let's see what happens. There is money but we will never be able to sign everyone. Boote and Beatty were to two top rated (PFF) offensive lineman in 2012. I would like to keep themk both so we only have to worry about the right side for 2013. As you say, Boothe also does a good job at center.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            I can't imagine Diehl or Osi surviving this season so let's see what happens. There is money but we will never be able to sign everyone. Boote and Beatty were to two top rated (PFF) offensive lineman in 2012. I would like to keep themk both so we only have to worry about the right side for 2013. As you say, Boothe also does a good job at center.
            Well Beatty is probably(in my eyes anyway) our TOP priority on the team. Stud LT's are hard to come by. He is an absolute MUST resign. Lock him up.

            Diehl I could see coming back for the vet min. He won't get a better offer and if he does, good for him, wish him well.\

            I'd love to resign Boothe but not if he commands too much that it effects others signings.


            Osi is most likely gone but you should hear how much Reese LOVES the guy, and it's not just hot air.
            "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RoanokeFan
              Reese can love him all he wants, but Osi is looking for starter pay and he's not likely to get that here I HOPE
              Who knows what he's looking for. He's said things in the past and when you have time to sit down relax and think, talk to family and friends, opinions change.

              Also who knows who will offer him what.

              I'd love to resign him for much cheaper. Gets too much blame.
              "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                He is one of two offensive players to play 99% of the snaps in 2012
                he is a must have at the right price,,also an ivy league guy I believe.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
                  Who knows what he's looking for. He's said things in the past and when you have time to sit down relax and think, talk to family and friends, opinions change.

                  Also who knows who will offer him what.

                  I'd love to resign him for much cheaper. Gets too much blame.
                  osi is no longer that guy as much as his mouth is. we have younger options on this team,,the money would be well spent on the O line if anything.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                    osi is no longer that guy as much as his mouth is. we have younger options on this team,,the money would be well spent on the O line if anything.
                    +1
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                      osi is no longer that guy as much as his mouth is. we have younger options on this team,,the money would be well spent on the O line if anything.
                      ++1
                      Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
                        Who knows what he's looking for. He's said things in the past and when you have time to sit down relax and think, talk to family and friends, opinions change.

                        Also who knows who will offer him what.

                        I'd love to resign him for much cheaper. Gets too much blame.
                        Here's my problem with Osi. We need to bring Tracy adn Ojomo into the rotation from day 1 in 2013. If signing Osi means one or both will ride the bench, I'm for losing Osi.
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RoanokeFan
                          but Osi is looking for starter pay
                          do you have a link for this?

                          Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                          @Katdaddyjay 17h
                          @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                          http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            Here's my problem with Osi. We need to bring Tracy adn Ojomo into the rotation from day 1 in 2013. If signing Osi means one or both will ride the bench, I'm for losing Osi.
                            I can understand why most are enamoured with Ojomo and Tracy based of the little they have seen, I agree with the limited snaps they made the most of their opportunities, but still you do not know what you have with these guys. I think people are wishing for something that they might regret later, or I might be wrong. Lets just hope between Osi, Reese, and upper management cooler heads prevail and a proprer decision not based on emotion is made for the betterment of this team.

                            Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                            @Katdaddyjay 17h
                            @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                            http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
                              do you have a link for this?
                              No, I am pretty sure he's said that but if you like I can delete the post.
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X