Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants Cap number (From John Clayton on ESPN) (Taken off BBI)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Giants Cap number (From John Clayton on ESPN) (Taken off BBI)

    Giants Cap number (From John Clayton on ESPN) I got a ring. He got one too. : 12:10 am


    According to Clayton, the GMEN are $4.7. million over the cap.

    Cowboys $18.2 million over
    Redskins $4 million over
    Eagles $5.2 million under.



    http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=462743


    However...



    Pat from Inside Football : 11:01 am

    I'm not sure how the Giants can be over the cap right now considering they don't have 51 guys signed to contracts yet and Osi is expected to void the final year of his contract.

    I worked up a preliminary number (which I should add is fluid as some of the LTBEs that weren't earned should be getting credited back to this year's cap) and I had them at just a hair under the projected cap of $120.9M. But maybe I'm wrong, who knows?


    Pat Fred in Atlanta : 11:04 am

    I bet they are including Osi salary for next year.



    Fred Pat from Inside Football : 11:16 am

    I don't know what they're including or not including. I broke down every contract -- did hours of research to dig up the numbers. I'm not saying my numbers are spot on, but I do feel good about them
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

  • #2
    Wait the Cowboys are 18.2 mill over and they don't even have Romo signed? LOL

    BTW, Osi's cap hit was spread across two years

    Comment


    • #3
      we are not in bad as shape as people said it looks like...

      Comment


      • #4
        Osi is technically under contract next season. It is a voidable year that was put there to spread the cap hit.

        Giants need to release some veterans to have cap room to resign any of their FAs. They have some tough choices to make.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
          Giants need to release some veterans to have cap room to resign any of their FAs. They have some tough choices to make.
          Beatty is arguably the biggest resigning priority so I imagine they might consider releasing Diehl to make some room for that contract. Boley could be a consideration with the way they phased him out at the end of the season. KP is a great player when healthy but I'm not seeing the Giants caving in to his demands too much with our S depth. Marty B's contract will depend on how confident they feel with Robinson's development.

          They also need a little room for the inevitable draft selections we'll be picking up in April.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by drewz View Post
            Wait the Cowboys are 18.2 mill over and they don't even have Romo signed? LOL

            BTW, Osi's cap hit was spread across two years
            That's a result of the fines they and the Redskins got last season.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

            Comment


            • #7
              Cap numbers don't make any sense until after cuts and restructures.
              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

              Comment


              • #8
                Didn't Eli's numbers go way up starting in the '13 season? That might have something to do with where the Giants are. Take a look at this:

                http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/eli-manning/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ebick View Post
                  Didn't Eli's numbers go way up starting in the '13 season? That might have something to do with where the Giants are. Take a look at this:

                  http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/eli-manning/
                  Yea. Eli restructured last year.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hope we get a 2011 season out of him in 2013.
                    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      21 players to be free agents also. we pay 8 guys 70 percent of the cap space!!!! Jerry get to cutting!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                        21 players to be free agents also. we pay 8 guys 70 percent of the cap space!!!! Jerry get to cutting!!
                        And he needs to extend Eli. Otherwise Eli's cap hit is going to kill this team

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                          And he needs to extend Eli. Otherwise Eli's cap hit is going to kill this team
                          maybe wait one season as he is now 32 and we have to be sure there is no downward trend

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                            maybe wait one season as he is now 32 and we have to be sure there is no downward trend
                            Problem is if they don't extend him they instead have to restructure him this year. And doing so would make his cap hit next year like 25-30 million.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                              we are not in bad as shape as people said it looks like...
                              Actually, they are...Regardless oft their current number they still have to sign JPP and Cruz (both should get top 5-7 money) to long term contracts and possibly Nicks, Bennett, and Phillps-if they want to keep them.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X