2012 Giants In Review: Perry Fewell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    After we were illiminated from making the playoffs, Antonio Pierce said we should find another DC. I believe he still has a good gist of whats going on in the locker room, and I believe most of the players feel the same way as AP.
    Based on what, exactly?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I'm not a bif PF fan but our poor defensive performance this year falls mostly on the players. Up front Osi and Tuck , little to nothing. JPP seemed about average the whole season, Our middle d line was putrid vs the ran and had little push vs the pass. Boley pretty much a zero , Blackburn looked slow as a goat and was to often blocked out of the play easily, Kiwi,invisible! Webster , well he just stunk it up on a consistent basis. Stevie Brown, Prince and Rolle were the only players on d that showed positives more often than not.Schemes could they be better? yes but our downfall lies in player performance. We need to find a stud tackling machine MLB a sticky cover corner and a pass rusher. If this defense still fails with those upgrades then show PF the door.

Comment

After we were illiminated from making the playoffs, Antonio Pierce said we should find another DC. I believe he still has a good gist of whats going on in the locker room, and I believe most of the players feel the same way as AP.
        Maybe we should also get 3 or 4 pot-bellied, old, slow LB's who can emulate AP's last 2 years of play for us!

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          Based on what, exactly?
          Hes still friends with Tuck, Osi and all them. Just a feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            Are you suggesting that the inmates should run the asylum Dez?
            Not at all. Im suggesting that AP has a good idea of whats going on in the locker room and is still friends with some of the players. KP said he wasnt happy with how hes being used, maybe thats just the tip of the iceberg. Im also suggesting if the players have no faith in the plays being called theyre not going to give 100%
            Last edited by dezzzR; 01-08-2013, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
              Maybe we should also get 3 or 4 pot-bellied, old, slow LB's who can emulate AP's last 2 years of play for us!
              Our defense was outstanding in 08 (one of AP last 2 years) not sure what your point is....

Comment

Hes still friends with Tuck, Osi and all them. Just a feeling.
                I ask because no current player has voiced issues with TC that I am aware of. I don'[t know how close Pierce is to anyone on the team. We tend to think former players have ties but I'm not sure that's true except for Strahan.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Our defense was outstanding in 08 (one of AP last 2 years) not sure what your point is....
                  Did you see AP trying to chase Westbrook that year?
                  Our defense definitely broke down near the end of the season.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    That's the exact image I was referring to - AP with his big belly bouncing, chasing Westbrook into the end zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      Wow Im surprised its not Elis fault. 08 was better than any year Fewells been here statistically. youre going to base APs season on one play, against one of the fastest running backs in the league at the time? came on
                      Last edited by dezzzR; 01-08-2013, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
                        Man everyone wanted to hang Sheridan and Tim Lewis but this bum gets another shot.

HELLO 31 st ranked Defense.

Do none of you fans remember this franchise was known for Defense. Remember LT , Carson and Banks etc and the old days ???? Well what happened to it.

Cant stop the run I mean 3rd string RBs had career days vs our once proud defenses.

How many 200 yard rushers we allowed ?

Yes lets bring him back cant wait till next season...
                        I've been doing that since the beginning of 2011's season...I am very disgusted we don't get rid of coaches like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                          His true value was in calling the defense where he excelled

Comment

• For the Fewell Supporters

The Giants’ defense gave up a franchise-worst 6,134 yards, up from 6,022 in 2011 -- the only two times the Giants have ever given up 6,000. - From Ralph Vacchiano
                            Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGisBallin View Post
                              The Giants’ defense gave up a franchise-worst 6,134 yards, up from 6,022 in 2011 -- the only two times the Giants have ever given up 6,000. - From Ralph Vacchiano
                              Yet, there's absolutely no chance Perry Fewel will be fired. It is not all on him but this is really unacceptable and it's his unit and his responsibility. He only keeps his job probably because the points per game allowed actually went down this year when compared to last year.
                              Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

• I support Alternative Fewells.

I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Working...
                                X