2012 Giants In Review: Perry Fewell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Yeah and when they did the offense went 3 and out. The team has problems on both sides.
    I already know the offense has problems
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Sorry; thought you where talking about the offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
        Sorry; thought you where talking about the offense.
        Oh God...the offense was deplorable in the red zone.
        That was a disgrace.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          They were 6th in the NFL in red zone defense.
          Or in other words, our defense was fine when the other team didn't have the whole field at its disposal.
          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
            Or in other words, our defense was fine when the other team didn't have the whole field at its disposal.
            ha
            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
              Pretty much.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Not saying they played great, but as long as they keep points off the board they can live with that. They finished 12th in points allowed. That's not that bad especially considering that there wasn't that much difference with the teams ahead of them with the exception of maybe 3 teams hat really stood out.

Comment

• All in all it was a tough year. The defense was not very good, especially when it really needed to be. Was it Fewell's fault? I'm sure he thinks he could have done a better job. Let's face it, our guys did not play well. We had a very bad linebacking corp. Our D-line was hit and miss many games. Secondary was spotty. Although, I would take our Safety corp over most any in the league. Prince I thought played well too. One thing we have to remember, we played one of the toughest schedules in the league. We also played the schedule with an aweful lot of key injuries. Would a better DC have made changes to make up for injuries? We can never know that. I don't know how the defense played as well as they did at the end of last year. Again, was it coaching or the players? I think we kinda have to give Fewell one more year to know if he has the goods or not. Definately need to upgrade LBs and get some corner depth incase Webster craps the bed again, and DL depth would help.

As was said earlier, a better showing on offense would be a huge boost to the D as well. Bottom line, we were 9-7. Plenty of room for improvement all around.
                  # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

• Do you think we would have gotten rid of Fewell had he not gotten an extension?

Think about it.

He was rewarded for helping to win a Super Bowl despite a terrible, terrible, terrible defense during the regular season.

2011: Points (25th), Yards (27th) - Again... we won because of Eli's miraculous comebacks
                    2012: Points (12th), Yards (31st) - Good in the Redzone, beyond abysmal overall

The organization handcuffed themselves when they gave him the extension. He was going to be here this next season no matter if our defense was 32nd in points AND 32nd in yards.

Let's hope Eli and the receiving corps can stay healthy next season because we're going to have to put up points. I'd hope for a middle of the road defense in yards and hopefully we can remain strong in the red zone.
                    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

• So sheepdip.

You want kg and pf fired.

I'm assuming you also believe hufnagel, tim lewis and sheridan were terrible.That is 5 of 6 coordinators that TC has hired that you do not like. I suggest you make a thread about tc instead of his coordinators.

Comment

• Considering if we didn't extend him, his contract would have been up after this year, then logic would dictate that, yes, we would have gotten rid of him.

Comment

• The shedule was too tough.

Comment

• Defense dead as long as Fewel is the coach

Next year will be another poor defensive effort as long as the Giants refuse to can Fewel. Bank on it.

Comment

• Hard to take predictions from a poster with your screen name seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by TooStupid View Post
                                Next year will be another poor defensive effort as long as the Giants refuse to can Fewel. Bank on it.
                                Not even done with the playoffs for this season and according to you, no point in the Giants showing up for next year. I hate doom and gloom posts.
                                You might consider changing your moniker.

Comment

Working...
                                X