Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli goes from $9.6M in 2012 to $20.85M in 2013 against cap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Seems excessive, but the salaries seem excessive to me. Well JR get busy and figure this thing out; but from my perspective the next few years will not be pretty!
    I would think Reese has been working on this since he was promoted.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

    Comment


    • Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
      also, 21 free agents is not a problem if you don't plan to re-sign them all. A majority do not want Osi back. I thinking the Giants only re-sign 4-5 at best and the rest will be testing out the FA market.

      but you then have to have $$$ to replace them, over the cap and 22 players to sign and rookies , not good

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Harooni View Post
        but you then have to have $$$ to replace them, over the cap and 22 players to sign and rookies , not good
        Also not all that unusual
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Harooni View Post
          but you then have to have $$$ to replace them, over the cap and 22 players to sign and rookies , not good
          Here's where the team owners did help themseleves out a bit with the current CBA. All Rookie Contracts are capped and the amount years are set.

          Poor RG3 has to play 4 years (3 more now) being run into the ground just to approximately match Eli's cap hit for 2013.
          Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 01-12-2013, 01:58 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
            Here's where the team owners did help themseleves out a bit with the current CBA. All Rookie Contracts are capped and the amount years are set.

            Poor RG3 has to play 4 years (3 more now) being run into the ground to approximately match Eli's cap hit for 2013.
            Your assuming RG III will be RG III when he is done with rehab.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

            Comment


            • Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              Your assuming RG III will be RG III when he is done with rehab.
              We're all Giants fans. We'll assume the best.

              The Redskins will make him play out his contract or keep him as a backup for the rest of his contract regardless. He still has an arm for the moment. He won't cost them much in terms of team salary cap under his rookie contract.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                We're all Giants fans. We'll assume the best.

                The Redskins will make him play out his contract or keep him as a backup for the rest of his contract regardless. He won't cost them much in terms of team salary cap under his rookie contract.
                Every time I think we should push player "X" back from an injury something like RG III happens and I realize we handle the injuries the right way.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                Comment


                • Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  Every time I think we should push player "X" back from an injury something like RG III happens and I realize we handle the injuries the right way.
                  Well that's because unlike the Redskins, the Giants and a majority of people with common sense in this world actually listen to their doctors.
                  Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 01-12-2013, 02:26 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                    Also not all that unusual
                    not unusal but when you need upgrades as well as re sign players its an issue. i expect some enjoy their team fielding 2nd string players as starters.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      Every time I think we should push player "X" back from an injury something like RG III happens and I realize we handle the injuries the right way.
                      Apart from Hakeem Nicks, of course.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                        We're all Giants fans. We'll assume the best.

                        The Redskins will make him play out his contract or keep him as a backup for the rest of his contract regardless. He still has an arm for the moment. He won't cost them much in terms of team salary cap under his rookie contract.
                        New here? lol
                        Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-12-2013, 03:58 PM.
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                          not unusal but when you need upgrades as well as re sign players its an issue. i expect some enjoy their team fielding 2nd string players as starters.
                          The price of parity, I'm afraid
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                          Comment


                          • I still don't understand why Eli's salary this year is frowned upon like it is his fault. The man deferred money to final years of his contract. If it's guaranteed then its one thing, but Peyton manning was supposed to finish his career in InDy too.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                              I still don't understand why Eli's salary this year is frowned upon like it is his fault. The man deferred money to final years of his contract. If it's guaranteed then its one thing, but Peyton manning was supposed to finish his career in InDy too.
                              Because some people feel like he didn't play up to his contract therefore somehow he should take a pay cut.

                              Silly, I know.
                              Mood: WOOF!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                                I still don't understand why Eli's salary this year is frowned upon like it is his fault. The man deferred money to final years of his contract. If it's guaranteed then its one thing, but Peyton manning was supposed to finish his career in InDy too.
                                That's not really how restructuring works. Actually Eli took more money when he restructured but he took it as a bonus not salary. Doing it that way allows the team to reduce his salary cap hit in the early years and defer the hit to the back of the contract. That "bonus"he takes when restructuring gets spread over the rest of his contract. So while he is receiving less salary from us next year, we are charged more against the cap for what we've paid him previously. That said, I agree with you. It's not Eli's issue but JR's issue to deal with and resolve.
                                No one remembers who came in second.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X