Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli goes from $9.6M in 2012 to $20.85M in 2013 against cap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Didn't say that, but it's pretty dumb to think Eli is going to be superman every year. Giants fans are the only fans that constantly say the stupidest crap about a quarterback that has brought them 2 lombardis, just because he is not Phil Simms. Eli was not the only problem this year we all know how many things hampered this team. Everyone should know what they are going to get with Eli by now.
    For what he is making next year though he better be much better than tis season.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
      For what he is making next year though he better be much better than tis season.
      That's not fair to say either, when you restructure, you have to balloon subsequent seasons' payments. That's not the player's fault.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

      Comment


      • Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        It's the annual freak out about the CAP. Not to worry.

        Exactly.

        I just started reading this thread and rather than reply to individuals I figured I'd just start counting the idiots who do not understand the market until I get to the end.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          That's not fair to say either, when you restructure, you have to balloon subsequent seasons' payments. That's not the player's fault.
          Either way, its a lot of money and they need him to play like the franchise QB they signed.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
            Either way, its a lot of money and they need him to play like the franchise QB they signed.
            Don't get me wrong, he does need to play better. But to say he needs to play better this season because of his inflated CAP hit really doesn't make sense. His contract, in the aggregate, is what it is. Very few of us pissed and moaned when he and Reese signed the deal.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

            Comment


            • Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              Don't get me wrong, he does need to play better. But to say he needs to play better this season because of his inflated CAP hit really doesn't make sense. His contract, in the aggregate, is what it is. Very few of us pissed and moaned when he and Reese signed the deal.
              It is fair to say though. He himself said he is a top 5 QB and he wanted to be paid like one at the time of his signing. He restructured and he knew what he would be making this next year. He absolutely has to play better and yes it's also because if what he will be making.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                It is fair to say though. He himself said he is a top 5 QB and he wanted to be paid like one at the time of his signing. He restructured and he knew what he would be making this next year. He absolutely has to play better and yes it's also because if what he will be making.
                He didn't initiate the restructure, the team did. Over 7 years he gets $107M. It's really immaterial when he gets it. He also gets $500K a year as a work out bonus. We've already learned he's "weak."
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                Comment


                • Wow, I'm honestly impressed, only three bona fide morons after 200 posts. I didn't add in the 2 posters whose comments were so ridiculous I assumed they were joking. It's like almost everyone around here took intelligence pills or something.

                  Someone should have shared theirs with the denver secondary, they'd still be playing ball.......

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                    He didn't initiate the restructure, the team did. Over 7 years he gets $107M. It's really immaterial when he gets it. He also gets $500K a year as a work out bonus. We've already learned he's "weak."
                    Lol. Yeah, but it didn't hurt him to do it either. How ever it happened, they need him to be very good next year.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                      Wow, I'm honestly impressed, only three bona fide morons after 200 posts. I didn't add in the 2 posters whose comments were so ridiculous I assumed they were joking. It's like almost everyone around here took intelligence pills or something.

                      Someone should have shared theirs with the denver secondary, they'd still be playing ball.......
                      The real question is who are those three? LOL!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                        Exactly.

                        I just started reading this thread and rather than reply to individuals I figured I'd just start counting the idiots who do not understand the market until I get to the end.
                        Hope you have a calculator handy, and a lot of free time

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post
                          The real question is who are those three? LOL!

                          I only handle the sarcasm around here. You'll need to cll Obviousman for that....although it shouldn't be too tough to figure out.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                            Lol. Yeah, but it didn't hurt him to do it either. How ever it happened, they need him to be very good next year.
                            I agree he needs to play better, he agrees he needs to play better. ALMOST every body else agrees he needs to play better. He makes an obscene amount of money but that's the price of admission.
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                              I agree he needs to play better, he agrees he needs to play better. ALMOST every body else agrees he needs to play better. He makes an obscene amount of money but that's the price of admission.
                              Him playing better and healthy players should do wonders for this team.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                                Him playing better and healthy players should do wonders for this team.
                                I would certainly hope so
                                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X