No announcement yet.

Eli goes from $9.6M in 2012 to $20.85M in 2013 against cap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People want to win Super Bowls and not pay while other teams have been paying more obscene money to other players while not winning one.

Comment

Originally posted by JayMas9 View Post
      I really, really hope your not serious.
      I think he is, whic is incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
        Well he's not taking a pay cut so we better hope he does play like a top 5 QB next year.
        I think Eli won't let us down.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
          I think he is, whic is incredible.
          It's the annual freak out about the CAP. Not to worry.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
            Yeah, and pushing it to the last 3 years of his contract... 2013,2014 and 2015. He needs to take a paycut. Sorry, but it is true. He got us rings, but his salary is so inflated it will cripple this team for the next 3 years.
            This is all Reese's doing, Eli doesn't need to do a thing.

If Eli's salary is inflated this season, then it was deflated during the 2011 SB season. You judge a contract's worth as a whole, not year to year.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post

If Eli's salary is inflated this season, then it was deflated during the 2011 SB season. You judge a contract's worth as a whole, not year to year.
              And Reese will handle the CAP as best he can.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                Yeah, and pushing it to the last 3 years of his contract... 2013,2014 and 2015. He needs to take a paycut. Sorry, but it is true. He got us rings, but his salary is so inflated it will cripple this team for the next 3 years.
                Losing him will also cripple the team.
                8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

As I've been saying. An extension would clear cap space.

Convert his base to a signing bonus and spread it through an additional couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                    As I've been saying. An extension would clear cap space.

Convert his base to a signing bonus and spread it through an additional couple years.
                    But you still have to pay him a salary for those extended years. Eli is not going to agree to spreading his existing negotiated contract over more years for the same original contract amount. Suppose he's hit his prime and starts to decline?
                    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-11-2013, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
                      Losing him will also cripple the team.
                      I don't see any scenario where Eli departs before his current contract is up

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                        He restructured last season freeing up close to $7M
                        So if I'm reading you correctly RF, he was entitled to give us $7 million less in performance value?

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                          So if I'm reading you correctly RF, he was entitled to give us $7 million less in performance value?
                          I'm only talking about his contract. I'm not trying to link it to his performance. Eli didn't "lose" $7M

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post

i agree , he really makes an avg of 15mill a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                              i agree , he really makes an avg of 15mill a season.
                              Eli's contract is what it is. We have to live with it and work around it.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                                Eli's contract is what it is. We have to live with it and work around it.
                                yep cant do much about it. $15 sure is aq big chunk. i think he should have got 100mill 10 years like big ben. 10mill a season is more than fair. but what can we do

Comment

Working...
                                X