Eli goes from $9.6M in 2012 to $20.85M in 2013 against cap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
    yep cant do much about it. $15 sure is aq big chunk. i think he should have got 100mill 10 years like big ben. 10mill a season is more than fair. but what can we do
    It is all of that. Eli was seen as the franchise and they wanted to put him under wraps. We always talk about what the team wants/does but rarely acknowledge there is an agent (and Archie) pulling strings on the other side.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
      Yeah, and pushing it to the last 3 years of his contract... 2013,2014 and 2015. He needs to take a paycut. Sorry, but it is true. He got us rings, but his salary is so inflated it will cripple this team for the next 3 years.
      he wont take a pay cut and shouldnt either...
      the Giants made the deal now they have to figure things out....
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
        he wont take a pay cut and shouldnt either...
        the Giants made the deal now they have to figure things out....
        Hey there. You are absolutely right. They can massge it as best they can, but, in the end, as Harooni says, it is what it is.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Super Bowl MVPs don't come cheap...and I bet no one will trade those two Super Bowls for any Giants money. It's this "what have you done for me lately?" that's the issue. Some fans seem to be suffering from short-term memory or selective amnesia.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
            So if I'm reading you correctly RF, he was entitled to give us $7 million less in performance value?
            Guess we are entitled to a 20million dollar performance next year, I look forward to it

Comment

Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post
              Super Bowl MVPs don't come cheap...and I bet no one will trade those two Super Bowls for any Giants money. It's this "what have you done for me lately?" that's the issue. Some fans seem to be suffering from short-term memory or selective amnesia.
              It doesn't matter, he's under contract and he's entitled to get every dime.

Comment

Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
                Guess we are entitled to a 20million dollar performance next year, I look forward to it
                Was he underpaid in the years we won the Super Bowl?

Comment

fans get confused , he didnt make less during 2011 season and he isnt making more this season, its the cap number (number that takes up cap space) Eli did and always got his $$$$

Comment

fans get confused , he didnt make less during 2011 season and he isnt making more this season, its the cap number (number that takes up cap space) Eli did and always got his $$$$
                    Deservedly so. As I said, I doubt anyone wants to trade those 2 Super Bowls, so you got the 2 Super Bowls for your money.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      Was he underpaid in the years we won the Super Bowl?
                      Cmon Ro I'm just joking around!

Comment

Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post
                        Deservedly so. As I said, I doubt anyone wants to trade those 2 Super Bowls, so you got the 2 Super Bowls for your money.
                        true it does redeem the cost

one could argue did we need a $15mill qb to score under 20 points each superbowl. i think a game manager and good running game would do it.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          It doesn't matter, he's under contract and he's entitled to get every dime.
                          +1

the least of our problems is that we have a 2 time SB MVP QB who we're paying $20 mill a season.

regardless of how he played this year, there's no way in hell we win that SB without him. so for people suggesting that Eli somehow isn't worth what he's getting paid is completely insane. there's a whole bunch of $15-20 mill QBs in the NFL, and we're lucky to have one of them.
                          sigpic

Comment

one could argue did we need a $15mill qb to score under 20 points each superbowl. i think a game manager and good running game would do it.
                            I doubt the Giants will even be close enough to sniff the Super Bowl if you have a game manager in the first place. Eli had ridiculous post-season numbers on his two runs to the Super Bowl. He earned it. Or you can have Mark Sanchez's contract instead:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...peyton-manning

Comment

It's confusing how it's paid out, but you're right.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X