Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our Safety situation....Sign KP, Tender Stevie for 2nd...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Safety situation....Sign KP, Tender Stevie for 2nd...

If we can sign KP back and then pick up a second round pick for Stevie Brown, I think that is a move that would make alot of sense for us. Having an additional second round draft pick this year will greatly help replacing talent that we are sure to lose with so many free agents and help us lower costs by paying a rookie contract. Stevie is a good player, but we already have Rolle under contract, between Rolle and KP how many safties do we need?

The Giants are excellent in the draft, they should be leveraging that skill and acquiring as many draft picks whenever possible.

trading a proven playmaker like Stevie Brown for a draft pick that may or may not work out is foolish IMO...

Comment

Excellent in the draft? They've picked up many duds over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
        trading a proven playmaker like Stevie Brown for a draft pick that may or may not work out is foolish IMO...
        Proven player? Please he had one good season. That said I do agree that we should not trade him away for a second round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
          Excellent in the draft? They've picked up many duds over the years.
          As have other teams, but Reese is one of if not the best in the biz when it comes to the draft.

Comment

Shouldn't we at least keep Stevie around one more season to see if this season was not a one hit wonder? People said the same about Cruz if i recall.....

Comment

KP , ROLLE and W.HILL

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD21 View Post
                KP , ROLLE and W.HILL
                Sash will be around as well. He is a solid STs guy. I think we should try to keep all 5, but how much will KP cost? Should we make it an insentive laced contract due to his injuries? KP and Nicks injuries worry me to a point I dont see them as valuable as most here. I really want to keep them, but not for stupid money without makin it an "earn your money" type deal.
                Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

You want to give up a young ball hawk with promise for a second round pick?
                  "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

I'd take the cheaper, healthier safety over KP. As much as I love KP, let the Bengals have him.

Comment

1st round pick for sb

Comment

Stevie Brown is just the guy that you use for trade bait. Sometimes I get the impression that everything on this board is an overreaction..."AB is done" "Stevie Brown is GOD" "JPP>Reggie White" . Brown is just average and if Giants can get someone to bite for a 2nd rounder on him, I'd take it every day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
                          I am not too sure resigning KP is a good idea either,,unless he comes reasonably priced,,,those knees can't be trusted.

Comment

Originally posted by PBTimmons View Post
                            Stevie Brown is just the guy that you use for trade bait. Sometimes I get the impression that everything on this board is an overreaction..."AB is done" "Stevie Brown is GOD" "JPP>Reggie White" . Brown is just average and if Giants can get someone to bite for a 2nd rounder on him, I'd take it every day of the week.
                            not a chance,,,the kid showed too much promise,,lets give him another year,,,trading a ball hawk for an unproven draft pick is not smart football, sorry.

Comment

kp's knees are a lot better than urs and he is top 5 safety in nfl

Comment

Working...
                              X