Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

House cleaning for 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • House cleaning for 2013

    Re-sign these guys: Carr, Andre Brown, Cruz, Hixon, Bennett, Beatty, Boothe, Tracey, Tryon, Stevie Brown, KP (if he is reasonable)

    If they are in our price range, pull the triggerJR...

    Restructure: Diehl, Tuck, Webster, Rolle, Canty, Eli

    If the FO insists on keeping them around.......they SHOULD restructure. The least they can do wile they are stinking up the place is save us some cap space

    Release: Sash, Herzlich, Austin

    I don't see these 3 with us next year.....we will have 4-5 good safeties, don't need a sixth, Austin has had his chance, and Herz is painful to watch at MLB

  • #2
    Beatty, Bennett, Cruz, and both Browns are necessary
    Hixon, Tracy, Tryon, and KP are nice to have if the price is right.

    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

    Comment


    • #3
      Kenny Phillips is far more important than Stevie Brown. Anyone who doesn't get this is taking crazy pills.

      That being said, I think both are a priority, because both are part of the future at safety.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JayMas9 View Post
        Kenny Phillips is far more important than Stevie Brown. Anyone who doesn't get this is taking crazy pills.

        That being said, I think both are a priority, because both are part of the future at safety.
        I agree that KP presence does more for us than Browns.......but if we had to chose betwee both due to cost......I think you and I would deal with keeping Brown over him, since its likely that KP asking price would be higher.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JayMas9 View Post
          Kenny Phillips is far more important than Stevie Brown. Anyone who doesn't get this is taking crazy pills.

          That being said, I think both are a priority, because both are part of the future at safety.
          Thats if he can stay healthy, which is an enormous IF

          Comment


          • #6
            KP has respect on the field. Yet I hear Stevie's name called a lot for good plays. I say keep KP if the cap hit isn't too strong.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ashleymarie View Post
              KP has respect on the field. Yet I hear Stevie's name called a lot for good plays. I say keep KP if the cap hit isn't too strong.
              I have no issue with KP on the field. The question is his health. We can't sink big money in a guy with chronic problems. The Giants should have a good grip on that. If they sign him I take it as a vote of confidence in his health. If they don't sign him...............
              No one remembers who came in second.

              Comment


              • #8
                Will Hill over Brown , KP is priority

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by shane4177 View Post
                  Restructure: Diehl, Tuck, Webster, Rolle, Canty, Eli

                  If the FO insists on keeping them around.......they SHOULD restructure. The least they can do wile they are stinking up the place is save us some cap space
                  A restructure is not a pay cut...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The restructure is just taking a loan from future years. Eventually the team is gonna pay.
                    #80

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by shane4177 View Post
                      Release: Sash, Herzlich, Austin
                      http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6487009

                      Austin looks like a beast. I wonder if it's the injuries that have been holding him back or something else?
                      Miss me yet? sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                        A restructure is not a pay cut...
                        Ah ok.......bummer. They should take less pay though, or have more incentive laden contracts vs guranteed money. How much did we pay Tuck for this year and last....for what 9 sacks?!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          sooooooooooooo why are we keeping webster?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by shane4177 View Post
                            Re-sign these guys: Carr, Andre Brown, Cruz, Hixon, Bennett, Beatty, Boothe, Tracey, Tryon, Stevie Brown, KP (if he is reasonable)

                            If they are in our price range, pull the triggerJR...

                            Restructure: Diehl, Tuck, Webster, Rolle, Canty, Eli

                            If the FO insists on keeping them around.......they SHOULD restructure. The least they can do wile they are stinking up the place is save us some cap space

                            Release: Sash, Herzlich, Austin

                            I don't see these 3 with us next year.....we will have 4-5 good safeties, don't need a sixth, Austin has had his chance, and Herz is painful to watch at MLB
                            Releasing those 3 guys will save us about six bucks and a turkey sandwich.............hardly house cleaning. If you are going to clean house you need to be bold.
                            No one remembers who came in second.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'm very much an amateur when it comes to salary cap 101. I do not envy Reese with the task he has with re-signing or not re-signing our free agents this offseason.

                              But I would like to see Beatty, Boothe, Bennett, Cruz, KP , A Brown and S. Brown. I dont know how it would affect our cap number for 2013, but I would not be upset if Diehl, Webster and Tuck were shown the door if they could not take a pay cut.

                              I would like to see the defense addressed most in the offseason, either draft or FA(we probably cant afford too much). In my opinion, the offenses needs a few tweaks, nothing major.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X