No announcement yet.

What kind of defense do we really run?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of defense do we really run?

I just got done reading an article about the Cowboys hiring Monte Kiffin with his Tampa 2 scheme. The Dallas blogger said its bend but don't break. I hear those terms dished out referring to our defense as well. So my question is. Do we run that type of defense?

A bad one.

Comment

One that didn't execute and then failed to make adjustments when certain things weren't working.
      "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Comment

We run the "bend extremely far back but only allow them X amount of points" defense.
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Read & React, ala Rod Rust, J. Lynn, T. Lewis. This scheme has always stunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Jahh View Post
            I just got done reading an article about the Cowboys hiring Monte Kiffin with his Tampa 2 scheme. The Dallas blogger said its bend but don't break. I hear those terms dished out referring to our defense as well. So my question is. Do we run that type of defense?
            The Bend-Don't-Break defense has more to do with a philosophy than a specific formation.

BDB's idea is to keep all plays in front of the defense. Allow the short gains and limit the long ones.

Monte Kiffin runs an aggressive defense ... blitz happy with a two deep shell. It's most certainly NOT BDB. And it might have a much harder time succeeding with the current receiver rules in place as he ran it in Tampa (depending on big Safety hits on the back end and such).
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
              We run the "bend extremely far back but only allow them X amount of points" defense.
              Unfortunately this year X was more than we scored in key games.
              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

No we don't! The Tampa 2 is designed to prevent big plays of which we gave up more than any other defense this season! We run the "Misread and React Late if At All" defense!

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                  Unfortunately this year X was more than we scored in key games.
                  Yeah but that was because guys were injured!!!111
                  Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by DVision View Post
                    No we don't! The Tampa 2 is designed to prevent big plays of which we gave up more than any other defense this season! We run the "Misread and React Late if At All" defense!
                    Ha, very good.

Comment

Originally posted by timmytimm3 View Post
                      One that didn't execute and then failed to make adjustments when certain things weren't working.
                      This is not true. PF makes alot of adjustments during the game. whether or not they work is a different story, Whether its scheme or execution, none of us know. But he does make adjustments in terms of blitzing and dropping more guys back in coverage. Or certain guys in coverage. For example, when jason witten was tearing us up in the second cowboys game, PF decided to take boley off of him and played tryon.
                      Last edited by Marvelousmik; 01-11-2013, 05:22 PM.
                      Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

Our defense is called........SCARED

Comment

We try to.
                          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

it is not all read and react

Fewell plays many fronts, and many coverages

he played 3 safety looks , 4 LB looks , 50 fronts , 4-3 base fronts , 3-4 looks

he ran fire zones, safety blitz, corner blitz , press man, stunts, LB dogs ......just as every DC does ...as well as all DE fronts and wandering D linemen

he changes it up quite a bit actually

but no matter what it is always based on pass rush by the front and causing turnovers

but the pass rush was nonexistent and the corners were horrible

that would make any scheme look bad

....and for the record ....Kiffins defense is not strictly cover 2 ....noones defense is or has been since the 1970s
                            Last edited by YATittle1962; 01-11-2013, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                              it is not all read and react

Fewell plays many fronts, and many coverages

he played 3 safety looks , 4 LB looks , 50 fronts , 4-3 base fronts , 3-4 looks

he ran fire zones, safety blitz, corner blitz , press man, stunts, LB dogs ......just as every DC does ...as well as all DE fronts and wandering D linemen

he changes it up quite a bit actually

but no matter what it is always based on pass rush by the front and causing turnovers

but the pass rush was nonexistent and the corners were horrible

that would make any scheme look bad

....and for the record ....Kiffins defense is not strictly cover 2 ....noones defense is or has been since the 1970s
                              +1. coaches take waay too much blame when the team isnt peforming up to standards. I know for a fact PF changes things up often.
                              Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

Working...
                              X