What is the best giants team ever?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best giants team ever?

Is it the 1986 team or the 2007 team? Is it one of the pre merger teams? Or someone else?

Like the answers but I'm surprised that the pre merger teams aren't coming up. YA tittle or the Sam Huff teams?
    Last edited by GentleGiant; 01-11-2013, 11:00 PM.

I lean toward the '90 team.

Comment

Comment

The Parcells teams were much better than this ere's teams. They dominated through the whole season. TC's teams squeaked into the playoffs and got red hot.

The only edge I would give to the TC era Giants is at QB and WR. The big difference is the defenses. TC's defense is not even in the same league as BP's defense.

Comment

Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
          Is it the 1986 team or the 2007 team? Is it one of the pre merger teams? Or someone else?

'86 team by far the best ! Present team cannot compare to that one. We had the best linebacking corp in the NFL. All our LB's were pro bowlers, even some of the replacements.

Comment

'86 was simply dominant, awesome team.

Comment

86's defence was a beast

Comment

2008 would have been if Plaxico didn't shoot himself... but we got Nicks out of all that (no way in hell he would have fallen to 32 in the 2009 draft) so it all worked out.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

It's '86 for me. I would say '90 second and '07 and '11 are kind of even in my mind. Maybe I'd give an edge to '07 just because of Strahan.

Comment

1986 by far was the best team we've ever had. 17-2.
                    Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

If Simms hadn't gotten hurt in 90, I would probably go with the 90 team, they were dominant and prior to Simms getting hurt I believe they were 10-0. That being said I would go with the 86 team. The defense was about as good as any in the history of the game. You actually looked forward to that defense being on the field because they were as likely to make a big play as the offense was. Teams feared that defense, who could blame them? I would not want to be a QB looking at those guys knowing that eventually I had to take the snap.

On the offensive side, they just dictated to the defense, everyone knew they were going to run the ball, but no one could do anything about it. They essentially went out there and did what they wanted to do and few did it better... ever. They weren't a great passing team, not because of talent but because they didn't need to pass the ball. Simms was a very good QB and proved that in the SB.
                      My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Comment

This a trick question? 86' team without a doubt!

Comment

86 by far.....Maybe Bill Belicheat needs a break from head coach and will come back as our defensive coordinator. Then we just need a young Carson, Banks and Taylor and we're good to go. The hell with OL, DBs or anything else, with LB's like that we'd rock.

Comment

In my generation, the 1986 Giants were the best of the 4 Superbowl winning teams, in my opinion. But the NFL has changed so much in the passed 20 to 25 years. The athletes are bigger, stronger and faster, and the rules now benefit offenses moreso than back in the day.

And I'm sure, there may be some fans from the older generations that may disagree---the Giants had some very good teams in the 50's and early 60's as well. That 1958 team was pretty darn good too.

Comment

Working...
                              X