Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants Could Seek More Pass Rush Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    So it sounds like we are screwed. FA is the only way to get immediate change, and we don't have the money to sign top players. We could get lucky and draft a few real studs for OL and LB and DE. Oh that won't work, TC won't play rookies either. So barring major changes in coahing philosophies, I guess we stop worrying about next year and write it off. (some red ink here)

    We have professional coahes and athletes. Many of the players we have written off, we havent't really seen play. We may have a few diamonds deep in our pockets that didn't play due to TC's bent toward Vets and distrust of rookies and young players. There is also a chance the coaches could analyze this years performance and decide to change their schemes and play calling.

    We all know changes need to be made. I'm just not willing to get so worked up about things now. Not before the teams has even made any meaningful moves to address whats going on. Let's not hate on each other for opinions at this point. None of us really know what the hell we are talking about anyway.

    PS The D is old and slow and Gilbride sucks. LOL
    # 80 (For FBomb)

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
      They found a good starter in Locklear for really nothing.
      Yes he was solid but he went down mid season....not much you can dow about that but FA would be a good place to look for OL help.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
        Yes he was solid but he went down mid season....not much you can dow about that but FA would be a good place to look for OL help.
        You don't think Locklear can come back from the injury?
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          You don't think Locklear can come back from the injury?
          im pulling for him. i was calling him our starting rt the day we signed him practically, at the least that a lot of people were sleeping on him. I knew of him from his long stint in seattle. that was an awesome signing by jr. but, that injury, do u remember how nasty it was? the leg from the knee down went in the complete wrong direction and looked like had been broken clean and barely connected...at 32 or 33 whatever he was, i just cannot fathom him returning to the level he was playing at for us, thats if he can even return. pretty sure, almost positive, that was a career ending injury and its a shame. many thanks to lockler.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
            I agree but a starting quality OL in FA will cost money the team doesn't have so it looks like the draft is where we have to go.
            U can find a starting quality olineman in FA for next to nothing and the difference in his play than a 6 million dollar a year player is negligible . U cant get a starter in FA at CB or DE than next to nothing. U get far more impact from 1 CB or 1 DE than u get from 1 Olineman especially if we are talking interior lineman

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
              U can find a starting quality olineman in FA for next to nothing and the difference in his play than a 6 million dollar a year player is negligible . U cant get a starter in FA at CB or DE than next to nothing. U get far more impact from 1 CB or 1 DE than u get from 1 Olineman especially if we are talking interior lineman
              Been saying this for years..WAR like stat in baseball needs to hit the nfl

              Comment


              • #22
                First Mock draft I've seen out has the Giants going for a JPP clone at DE.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
                  First Mock draft I've seen out has the Giants going for a JPP clone at DE.
                  they could do worse.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X