Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As much as I like Carr, he's never going to see the field and $990,000 is too much

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • As much as I like Carr, he's never going to see the field and $990,000 is too much

    Let's face it if Eli God forbid ever did go down all hope is lost anyway. Carr isn't anything special.

    I'd rather us develop Perrilloux and possibly flip him for a pick or who knows how he turns out.... let's start grooming someone instead of wasting a spot on a backup QB that will never play and is at the end of his career.


    I still love that tweet "Champ has to defend his belt. I'll be there with my GMEN when WE do. #ALLIN #WEgotaRing #loyalty #greatestfansinthegame #blessed"

    But I think it's time to move on.


    Carr has done a great job with the scout team as well but we could use that extra money elsewhere.

    He made $990,000 this past season..... that is too much. If he comes in for the vet min I'm all for it... even though I'd like to start devloping a QB to possibly trade for a pick some where down the line
    Last edited by NYG4lifeNYK; 01-12-2013, 04:21 PM.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

  • #2
    How much do you think you'll save? $900K isn't that much in NFL land.

    There will be some competition in camp
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-12-2013, 04:32 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

    Comment


    • #3
      never think never about Eli going down, it happens with age, and it happened to is brother. i'm surprised Carr makes less than a milion do you think the Giants would consider me for 250,000?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Red Dog View Post
        never think never about Eli going down, it happens with age, and it happened to is brother. i'm surprised Carr makes less than a milion do you think the Giants would consider me for 250,000?
        Hell yes
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          How much do you think you'll save? $900K isn't that much in NFL land.

          There will be some competition in camp
          Actually I don't think Carr can even make much less since he's accrued so many seasons in the league. Isn't the least he can make around $800,000?

          I think it's clearly time to move on...
          "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
            Actually I don't think Carr can even make much less since he's accrued so many seasons in the league. Isn't the least he can make around $800,000?

            I think it's clearly time to move on...
            Maybe Painter will knock him out but won't be cheaper. That also might be the right move with Eli being older and the risk of injury increases.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              Maybe Painter will knock him out but won't be cheaper. That also might be the right move with Eli being older and the risk of injury increases.
              As of the 2007 season, the minimum salary for a rookie is $285,000. The minimum salary increases according to the number of years the player has been in the league. The highest minimum salary is $820,000 for players who have been in the league 11 years or more.

              The minimum salary structure for 2007 is as follows:
              • Rookies and first-year players $285,000
              • Second-year players $360,000
              • Third-year $435,000
              • Fourth-year $510,000
              • Fifth- through seventh-year $595,000
              • Eighth- through tenth-year $720,000
              • Eleventh-year and longer $820,000
              • They can receive an additional $30000 bonus for attending the sylvia herpolscheiemer academy of performance art.


              For the 2007 season, minimum salaries in the NFL are:
              Rookies - $285,000
              One Year Veteran - $360,000
              Two Year Veteran - $435,000
              Three Year Veteran - $510,000
              Four to Six Year Veteran - $595,000
              Seven to Nine Year Veteran - $720,000
              Ten+ Year Veteran - $820,000

              For the 2012 season, minimum NFL base salaries are ...

              1) Rookie - $390,000
              2) 1 year - $465,000
              3) 2 year - $540,000
              4) 3 year - $615,000
              5) 4-6 year - $700,000
              6) 7-9 year - $825,000
              7) 10+ year - $925,000

              Since 2007, the base salary for each classification has gone up $105,000.


              So Painter would make $700,000? He's likely just a camp arm anyway so no worry there.

              We need to someone for cheap... even Perriloux would make $540,000 if I read that correctly?
              "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
                As of the 2007 season, the minimum salary for a rookie is $285,000. The minimum salary increases according to the number of years the player has been in the league. The highest minimum salary is $820,000 for players who have been in the league 11 years or more.

                The minimum salary structure for 2007 is as follows:
                • Rookies and first-year players $285,000
                • Second-year players $360,000
                • Third-year $435,000
                • Fourth-year $510,000
                • Fifth- through seventh-year $595,000
                • Eighth- through tenth-year $720,000
                • Eleventh-year and longer $820,000
                • They can receive an additional $30000 bonus for attending the sylvia herpolscheiemer academy of performance art.


                For the 2007 season, minimum salaries in the NFL are:
                Rookies - $285,000
                One Year Veteran - $360,000
                Two Year Veteran - $435,000
                Three Year Veteran - $510,000
                Four to Six Year Veteran - $595,000
                Seven to Nine Year Veteran - $720,000
                Ten+ Year Veteran - $820,000

                For the 2012 season, minimum NFL base salaries are ...

                1) Rookie - $390,000
                2) 1 year - $465,000
                3) 2 year - $540,000
                4) 3 year - $615,000
                5) 4-6 year - $700,000
                6) 7-9 year - $825,000
                7) 10+ year - $925,000

                Since 2007, the base salary for each classification has gone up $105,000.


                So Painter would make $700,000? He's likely just a camp arm anyway so no worry there.

                We need to someone for cheap... even Perriloux would make $540,000 if I read that correctly?
                There is no "cheap" in the NFL
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                Comment


                • #9
                  If Eli is injured can Carr win us a few games? I don't think so.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                    If Eli is injured can Carr win us a few games? I don't think so.
                    If we have a running game, yes. Carr is a bit more mobile than Eli, but he'll never "replace" Eli. I think he could get us trough a game or two.
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      If we have a running game, yes. Carr is a bit more mobile than Eli, but he'll never "replace" Eli. I think he could get us trough a game or two.
                      Yes he could. The question however is a good one. Could we find that kind of guy for appreciably less? Probably not..even if we could save $200k we'd be losing a known quantity which is worth something.
                      No one remembers who came in second.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                        There is no "cheap" in the NFL
                        Saving over $450,000 is huge given our cap situation
                        Last edited by NYG4lifeNYK; 01-12-2013, 05:20 PM.
                        "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I would like to see them draft a developmental QB but they dont want to carry 3 active so its pointless draft 1

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
                            Saving over $450,000 is huge
                            I'm not sure we'd get a guy for $500,000 who wouldn't lose a game on his own with regularity. Are there available guys out there at $500, we could consider in this discussion?
                            No one remembers who came in second.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jomo View Post
                              I'm not sure we'd get a guy for $500,000 who wouldn't lose a game on his own with regularity. Are there available guys out there at $500, we could consider in this discussion?
                              Perriloiux would make $540,000 I'm pretty sure. He would be in his second season.
                              "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X