Why did we cut Brandon Stokely

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did we cut Brandon Stokely

Crazy Questions but why did we cut Brandon Stokely again?

We have an abundance of wr's.

Comment

Because the giants have this Cruz fella who is pretty good from the slot, not sure if you have heard of him.

Comment

Yeah, Stokely got banged up then Cruz blew up.

Comment

Stokley is old and not that good anymore. It's his connection with Peyton that makes him flourish. They have played together for a long time.

Comment

They cut him because he got hurt

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
              Because the giants have this Cruz fella who is pretty good from the slot, not sure if you have heard of him.
              lmao

Comment

Didn't he have a season ending injury and then Cruz became a super star?

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                  Didn't he have a season ending injury and then Cruz became a super star?
                  He did have a season ending injury but at the time if memory serves me well it was Nicks and Mario the ones who were missing time due to injuries.
                  " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Originally posted by wgsgiants View Post
                    Crazy Questions but why did we cut Brandon Stokely again?

Because the guy is like 40 and has had just as many concussions.

Comment

I think it was more at the time the Giants were not sure what they had as a slot receiver and Stokely was the best option available. Cruz' only audition at the time was preseason and I think the coaching staff was looking for a more veteran, proven, receiver because Cruz was an unknown in a real game. Stokely didn't impress and got hurt I believe it was and Cruz got on the field. Stokely was just taking up a roster spot at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
                        I think it was more at the time the Giants were not sure what they had as a slot receiver and Stokely was the best option available. Cruz' only audition at the time was preseason and I think the coaching staff was looking for a more veteran, proven, receiver because Cruz was an unknown in a real game. Stokely didn't impress and got hurt I believe it was and Cruz got on the field. Stokely was just taking up a roster spot at that point.
                        Not unlike Wilson this year. He only managed to start because everyone else was injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                          Not unlike Wilson this year. He only managed to start because everyone else was injured.
                          Yep. It seems we find our gems when something weird happens to one of our options.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
                            I'm calling it now, Kregg Lumpkin is going to have a breakout 2013 season with the broncos...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                            X