Does anyone sit back and realize

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone sit back and realize

We have only made the playoffs once in the past 4 seasons?

Something on the coaching needs to change. I don't think necessarily the people need to change, but the attitude of the coaches need to change. Coughlin is determined to play a smash mouth style of football with personnel that is incapable of playing the way he wants. We should be running a very up-tempo offense giving Eli free reign but also giving the defense little time to adjust. I feel that Coughlin and Gilbride are forcing this offense to play what they want instead of the best option that fits our players. Our defense on the other hand, needs to be more aggressive Put it this way, we need more Stevie Brown's and less Corey Webster's. What im saying is we need to pursue more players with a knack for turnovers,aggressive mentality, and ball hawking. Besides JPP, our D Line is getting a bit older. I feel we should pursue a linebacker similar to Von Miller. He can sack the quarterback, but also play the outside linebacker position very efficiently. This would fill the hole we have at linebacker and at a pass rushing position. In conclusion, these are the changes I feel would be best for the team.

P.S: Please take into consideration that this is my opinion and is not meant for anyone to be pleased or displeased with it.

Feel free to post your opinions as well

Lol a linebacker similar to Von Miller? Yea those guys arent exactly abundant.

Comment

Terell suggs

Aldon smith

Von miller

James Harrison

Demarcus Ware

Clay Matthews

Tamba Hali

Anthony Spencer

Shaun Phillips

Mario Williams

How are they not abundant? Many of the best pass rushers are outside linebackers
      Last edited by BLUDude92; 01-12-2013, 11:12 PM.

Comment

And add ryan Kerrigan to that list

Comment

The funny thing is, they all had more sacks than JPP. not dissing jpp

Comment

Originally posted by BLUDude92 View Post
            Terell suggs

Aldon smith

Von miller

James Harrison

Demarcus Ware

Clay Matthews

Tamba Hali

Anthony Spencer

Shaun Phillips

How are they not abundant? Many of the best pass rushers are outside linebackers
            None of those guys are as good as Miller, but anyway, so you want the giants to add a 3-4 outside linebacker? To do what, exactly?

Comment

To fill the hole at both linebacker and a pass rusher

Comment

To fill the hole at both linebacker and a pass rusher

You do realize almost all of the players you listed were defensive ends in college.

And if you want to add one player to do both, then you are just adding a player to do either situationally. Von Miller for instance lines up as a normal linebacker on run downs, but as a DE on passing downs.

But if the opposing team decides to pass out of a run formation, or on early downs, Von Miller is not rushing the QB, and Denver loses its best pass rusher to playing coverage.

Comment

Dude, we run a 4-3 system. We need 4-3 DE to get more pass rushers. Tuck and Osi ain't cutting it anymore.

People are so fixated on the way we were in 1986, and don't seem to realize that 3-4 OLB and 4-3 DE aren't exactly interchangeable...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Im not expecting him to be a straight out pass rusher every down, but it would give us some flexibility

Comment

Im not expecting him to be a straight out pass rusher every down, but it would give us some flexibility
                      You mean like what Kiwi does?

Wouldnt it be easier to just add a good pass rusher and a good linebacker? That way you dont have two guys who can do their jobs on every play

Comment

Well that's why its called an opinion and I think it would work effectively. Oh and Btw love the profile pic, its from one of my favorite movies

Comment

Dion Jordan can play that type of role but would have to stand up on third down.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: mlerm17
                          Follow me on Twitter @mlerm17

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                            You mean like what Kiwi does?

Wouldnt it be easier to just add a good pass rusher and a good linebacker? That way you dont have two guys who can do their jobs on every play

beat me to it.

we have who you are looking for in mathias kiwanuka. von miller's position on the defense is pretty much made just for him, in order to put him in the best possible situation to use his best assets. to say the Giants need a linebacker like von miller is basically just saying we should trade for von miller.

Comment

We have only made the playoffs once in the past 4 seasons?
                              To be fair in 2010 they were 10-6 and missed the playoffs (and were inches away from locking up the division before THE COLLAPSE).

I'm concerned we've narrowly missed the playoffs in the other two years but I'm more concerned about the second half collapses in general, it's happened literally every year under Coughlin and he's clueless about how to fix it.
                              8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Working...
                              X