NY Giants' Positional Review: Quarterback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I don't like to ever say a game is won/lost on one play. But that particular game was lost because Eli made the wrong decision and put the ball he chose to throw to the wrong shoulder resulting in Barden having to mug the defender to prevent an interception. We were taken out of field goal range and the rest is history.

All of that being said, Eli didn't lose the season.
    I'm thinking he thought we could get a defensive PI call against Philly on that one to put us in chip shot range.

But, I agree, RF, we had plenty of opportunities since that game to ice away the division and couldn't. The entire team let us down down the stretch.

Comment

I'm counting on last season being an anomaly for Eli and he will get back to making good decisions consistently.
      Well if you look at his entire career..it would seem that 2011 was the anomaly.
      Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-14-2013, 10:20 AM.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        No, it wouldn't. Save for the aberrationally high number of picks in '10, Eli has shown steady improvement in all aspects of his game since coming into the league. This year was a poor year, no doubt about it, but I expect Eli to play more like he did in '11 in '13 than he did in '12.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
          Eli needs to pick out his horse. It's almost time to ride off into the sunset. If it wasn't for Tyree's circus catch and Manninghams haul in down the sideline Eli's stature would be far less than it is now. There would be no rings on his finger and he would be glowing in mediocrity.This past year he played like crap. He throws a wobbly ball, he stares down his targets, he forces throws into double coverage, he doesn't find the open guy, he looks like a total loser and a sulking baby when things go wrong, he has no escape ability and the speed of an old lady. He has the same response time after time when he plays a bad game and comes off as a dufuss.This past season is a great example of his many short comings. Eli got outplayed this season by rookies. We need to get a guy on the roster that can challenge for the job.
          Lol hilarious post. I got upset watching the games this weekend too but Eli isn't that bad. It's just strange how someone can play so brilliant one week and then look like Ryan Leaf the next. I'll never understand Eli... never!

Comment

Originally posted by BurnerNYG View Post
            Lol hilarious post. I got upset watching the games this weekend too but Eli isn't that bad. It's just strange how someone can play so brilliant one week and then look like Ryan Leaf the next. I'll never understand Eli... never!
            Dude kind of sounds like CantBlameShockeyNow.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
              Yes. He sprung to mind when I read the post.

Comment

Yeah he sounds like he's either trolling or seriously pissed off. You might be right.

Comment

This is definitely on of my biggest criticisms of Eli. He often disregards game situations and makes throws that are highly inappropriate. (ie..throwing deep on third and short, throwing to covered WR's when all we need is a few more yards to kick a game winning FG).
                  This play demonstrates a loss to an inferior team, that better decision making by our QB would have prevented.
                  But isn't that who Eli is? Eli is always looking to make the big play. And he's certainly come up with his share despite the fact that you can't help but shake your head at his decision making even when he's successful.

Comment

No, it wouldn't. Save for the aberrationally high number of picks in '10, Eli has shown steady improvement in all aspects of his game since coming into the league. This year was a poor year, no doubt about it, but I expect Eli to play more like he did in '11 in '13 than he did in '12.
                    I truly did not expect Eli to regress this past season. I thought he would have continued to build off 2011.

Comment

I'm thinking he thought we could get a defensive PI call against Philly on that one to put us in chip shot range.

But, I agree, RF, we had plenty of opportunities since that game to ice away the division and couldn't. The entire team let us down down the stretch.
                      It's easy to sit back after the fact, it's really just a snapshot of what went wrong last season with the team.
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Poor decisions should not be a problem for a guy that supposed to be a top tier qb. I guy that is a hard working so called student of game. Film watcher. He made bad decisions all year and even on good plays. Im thankful for what he has done as far as two superbowls and a lot of exciting comebacks but for some reason the guy will always have me doubting. I can also say I cant stand all the stupid faces and shoulder shrugging I get my balls busted in for constantly. ughhhh

Comment

I can hope
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

His pocket presence was much like 2010 and before. His pocket awareness was much better in 2011.
                            To me ...the reason is a lack of confidence. His confidence is easily effected by "who knows what" factors, but it changes like the wind.
                            Looking at the numbers, you can see that 2011 was an anomaly for Eli. He is now back to his averages for the rest of his career.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Barden did what he had to do to prevent an interception.
                              He had to grab his facemask? Nah he didn't have to do anything to the CB and just play the ball. If anything, it would've been incomplete. Both players had a 50/50 chance

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                                He had to grab his facemask? Nah he didn't have to do anything to the CB and just play the ball. If anything, it would've been incomplete. Both players had a 50/50 chance
                                He would have had to climb on his back, either way it would have been a penalty

Comment

Working...
                                X