Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imagine if we had Bellichick as our Head Coach?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by radar-ray View Post
    Yes. BP screwed us royally! Waited till BB was gone.
    Glad to see someone else knows the history.
    Thank You!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
      Had Sean Payton as well, if that helps.
      I was going to include Sean but then I figured I would have heard that he only won 1 SB.............so far.

Comment

Originally posted by thomasjmarino View Post
        Kind of.
        Actually Parcells was dragging his feet about making a decision so BB left for Cleveland.
        IMO The Tuna knew BB's potential and knew he would outshine what he already accomplished as the HC and therefore tarnish his legacy in the minds of the Giant fans so the fatman waited for BB to leave before he left.
        +1

Comment

Originally posted by radar-ray View Post
          He must have been drunk on his butt when he did that! I remember it well. What a disaster!!!
          TC didnt have much HC experience back then if i recall correctly, it was after his stint on the Parcells staff that he took the Boston College gig, and went from there to Jacksonville (where he made a playoff contender out of a freaking expansion team with Mark freaking Brunell at QB)

But I have no idea why Young let Handley take over the organization.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

We are the good Samaritan's of the NFL. We just give all the teams our Coordinators that end up wining them championships.

We should give away Fewell and Gilbride too. I wouldn't mind that.

Comment

the giants have played in 3 of the last 13 superbowls, winning 2 of them,,so basically one every 4 seasons, not too shabby.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
                We are the good Samaritan's of the NFL. We just give all the teams our Coordinators that end up wining them championships.

We should give away Fewell and Gilbride too. I wouldn't mind that.
                Kansas City and Jacksonville will win 9 Super Bowls between them.
                For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

Comment

Belichick has only had success as a head coach when he had Brady. Other than that his track record isn't great.

What Coughlin did with Jacksonville was pretty impressive though.
                  Last edited by Giants5699; 01-14-2013, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Giants5699 View Post
                    Belichick has only had success as a head coach when he had Brady. Other than that his track record isn't great.

What Coughlin did with Jacksonville was pretty impressive though.
                    Only had success with brady? thats a foolish thing to say. The guy wins. period.
                    Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

Comment

Originally posted by Parademon View Post
                      George Young picked Handley over BB & TC. Go figure
                      Parcells picked Handley as his successor and the organization bought it. When Parcells blindsided the Giants they had little choice
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by NYGisBallin View Post
                        Only had success with brady? thats a foolish thing to say. The guy wins. period.
                        Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by thomasjmarino View Post
                          Or Lombardi?
                          Or Landry?

It's not like we had them on our coaching staffs.
                          Oh, wait a minute..............
                          We wouldn't have beaten the Patriots twice in the Super Bowl?
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by ashleymarie View Post
                            Landry had become ineffective when he was shoved out. Maybe in his heyday when there was money available to him.
                            Wellington always watched out for the growth of his guys. He actually recommended Lombardi for the Green Bay job in 1959. Landry was picked for the expansion Dallas Cowboys in 1960.

Not sure what you mean by "ineffective", since the team was in the championship game in 56, 58, and 59. Maybe you mean when he was fired from Dallas in 1989.
                            Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 01-14-2013, 08:32 AM.
                            8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Originally posted by Parademon View Post
                              George Young picked Handley over BB & TC. Go figure
                              That's not at all how it happened.

Bill Parcells quit very late in the offseason (after BB & TC had already left -- for Cleveland and Boston College, respectively). He quit AFTER rookie mini camp in late May, leaving literally nobody to take his place and no time to bring in a new staff. Handley was just one of the few guys left and as much as he sucked he stepped up and took the job.

Bill Parcells screwed this team on his way out, never forget that.

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Originally posted by Giants5699 View Post
                                Brady was out for the year in 2008 and they went 11-5 (but missed the playoffs)

As for BB's time in Cleveland, when they fired him they moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens and were a conference powerhouse in a few short years. They actually came very close to critical mass under Belichick. I think NFL Network did a look back on all the pieces that were there and how close a near miss it was.
                                Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 01-14-2013, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X