Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imagine if we had Bellichick as our Head Coach?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by stormblue View Post
    "manningham miracle".
    The pass to Manningham was waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tougher and more impressive than the catch. If you think otherwise you know nothing of football.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Drez View Post
      The pass to Manningham was waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tougher and more impressive than the catch. If you think otherwise you know nothing of football.
      Oh...Its the old..."if you don't agree with me you know nothing about football" argument.

      Good one. Haven't seen that in a while.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        Oh...Its the old..."if you don't agree with me you know nothing about football" argument.

        Good one. Haven't seen that in a while.
        Bugger off, MS.

        And in this case, it's the truth. That catch was more a Manning Miracle than a Manningham Miracle.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Drez View Post
          Bugger off, MS.

          And in this case, it's the truth. That catch was more a Manning Miracle than a Manningham Miracle.
          It was a nice throw. He did a good job keeping the throw on the sideline and not throwing it out of bounds. manningham had to slow down and use his body to not only catch the ball and keep his feet in bounds, but the maintain leverage against the defender. Slightly underthrown but still a good throw.
          Eli threw it as hard as he could. The throw was nice but the adjustment and catch was an all time great play.
          It was one of, if not THE greatest catch in Giants history.

          You can see it any way you want to make yourself feel good and I'm all for your happiness.


          And guess what...even if you disagree with me, you still probably know something about football.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            It was a nice throw. He did a good job keeping the throw on the sideline and not throwing it out of bounds. manningham had to slow down and use his body to not only catch the ball and keep his feet in bounds, but the maintain leverage against the defender. Slightly underthrown but still a good throw.
            Eli threw it as hard as he could. The throw was nice but the adjustment and catch was an all time great play.
            It was one of, if not THE greatest catch in Giants history.

            You can see it any way you want to make yourself feel good and I'm all for your happiness.


            And guess what...even if you disagree with me, you still probably know something about football.
            Oh bull, MS. You're just being a contrarian to be an ***.
            Last edited by Drez; 01-15-2013, 09:46 AM.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Drez View Post
              The pass to Manningham was waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tougher and more impressive than the catch. If you think otherwise you know nothing of football.
              eeh....I dont know abou that. They both required great skill but two TOTALLY different skill sets to accomplish. IMO they were equally as impressive. Also considering great passes and catches are made all the time in the NFL. Alsmost on a weekly basis. So neither is really that rare nor are they miracles.

              BTW.... I know a lot about football too.....
              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                eeh....I dont know abou that. They both required great skill but two TOTALLY different skill sets to accomplish. IMO they were equally as impressive. Also considering great passes and catches are made all the time in the NFL. Alsmost on a weekly basis. So neither is really that rare nor are they miracles.

                BTW.... I know a lot about football too.....
                If the pass isn't perfect, MM doesn't even have a chance to catch the ball.

                The catch was great.

                The pass was perfect.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                  and yuo know this how???

                  yeah....with "only" 2 SB wins you would still be pissing and moaning no matter how good the or bad the other season were.
                  Winning the Super Bowl does not change the fact that almost all of the other seasons were horrible.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Drez View Post
                    If the pass isn't perfect, MM doesn't even have a chance to catch the ball.

                    The catch was great.

                    The pass was perfect.
                    Watch the play. MM slowed down and still maintained leverage to make the catch. The throw could have been 2 or 3 yards further and he wouldn't have to break stride.
                    I'm not complaining..it was a very good throw. But this notion that the pass was "perfect" (as if there is any such thing) is far from the truth.
                    The catch however, was tremendous.
                    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                      eeh....I dont know abou that. They both required great skill but two TOTALLY different skill sets to accomplish. IMO they were equally as impressive. Also considering great passes and catches are made all the time in the NFL. Alsmost on a weekly basis. So neither is really that rare nor are they miracles.

                      BTW.... I know a lot about football too.....
                      No no...You must NOT know anything about football!!!!!
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by MikeyMike01 View Post
                        Winning the Super Bowl does not change the fact that almost all of the other seasons were horrible.
                        so if they had other great seasons and no SB wins wouldn't be pissed then?? Of course you would be. Even moreso because if they were "better" as you say then even more reason to get annoyed at them for not winning more SBs....
                        I agree about the medicrity but I dont agree about them being a dynasty if BB was coach .
                        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Drez View Post
                          If the pass isn't perfect, MM doesn't even have a chance to catch the ball.

                          The catch was great.

                          The pass was perfect.
                          How is a catch while running full speed down the side lines, one defender on you and another ready to lay you out jumping up for the ball with an over the shoulder catch then coming down with two tip toes in bounds. Please bro.....perfect pass and perfect catch......
                          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            Watch the play. MM slowed down and still maintained leverage to make the catch. The throw could have been 2 or 3 yards further and he wouldn't have to break stride.
                            I'm not complaining..it was a very good throw. But this notion that the pass was "perfect" (as if there is any such thing) is far from the truth.
                            The catch however, was tremendous.
                            Anatomy of a Play begs to differ. Eli could not have thrown the ball to any other spot on that play and still had a completion. If that ball is thrown further the safety would be able to break up the play.

                            http://prod.www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-f...y=monthlyViews

                            Greg Cosell also begs to differ.
                            http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/02/07/c...e-quarterback/

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                              How is a catch while running full speed down the side lines, one defender on you and another ready to lay you out jumping up for the ball with an over the shoulder catch then coming down with two tip toes in bounds. Please bro.....perfect pass and perfect catch......
                              The catch was nice. I'm not taking anything away from that. However, the pass was much more impressive than the catch.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Drez View Post
                                The catch was nice. I'm not taking anything away from that. However, the pass was much more impressive than the catch.
                                I am not trying to convince you other wise. I think the are equally impressive.....thats me.....
                                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X