Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imagine if we had Bellichick as our Head Coach?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill Belinchick is what he is because he coaches in a division where he is guaranteed six wins every season, and he has Tom Brady. Without those two factors he would have a very different win loss record.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      Watch the play. MM slowed down and still maintained leverage to make the catch. The throw could have been 2 or 3 yards further and he wouldn't have to break stride.
      I'm not complaining..it was a very good throw. But this notion that the pass was "perfect" (as if there is any such thing) is far from the truth.
      The catch however, was tremendous.
      not many bombs like that are totally caught in stride. of course it happens but more times than not it doesnt. The WR usually has to adjust on long passes. IMO..... the pass, catch, and the whole play were equally awsome.
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

If Manningham kept running full speed he probably would have caught it in stride but would have gotten lit up by the safety. He did the right thing by slowing down and extending his arms for the catch. Perfect throw, Perfect catch.

Comment

Originally posted by yo-ho View Post
          Bill Belinchick is what he is because he coaches in a division where he is guaranteed six wins every season, and he has Tom Brady. Without those two factors he would have a very different win loss record.
          how many great coaches and teams dont have grat QBs....
          not a great arguement you present......
          nothing is gauranteed. If that were the case then all teams would be great....
          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
            The catch was nice. I'm not taking anything away from that. However, the pass was much more impressive than the catch.
            QB's throw those kind of passes all the time. Including Eli. He's thrown that same pass probably hundreds of times in his career. Deep sideline throw, to within a few yards of his target. But that catch was an all time great. A catch of a ball that travels 40 yards in the air with a defender draped on you, having to tip toe within an inch of the sidelines with your momentum going out of bounds is rare.

Again..I take nothing away from the throw. It was clutch. But the catch was memorable.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

If we had Bellichick, then all the posters here who complain about TC 'only' having 2 SBs and a great string of .500 or better seasons would be complaining about how Bellichick has gone 9yrs without a SB and that his teams always choke in the SB against the Patriots.

If you have such little understanding of the NFL to not appreciate how good we have had it with TC, you'd similarly denigrate Bellichick's accomplishments.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyMike01 View Post
                We'd have a dynasty instead of two Super Bowls lodged amongst crap and mediocrity.
                Couldn't have said it better myself!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  QB's throw those kind of passes all the time. Including Eli. He's thrown that same pass probably hundreds of times in his career. Deep sideline throw, to within a few yards of his target. But that catch was an all time great. A catch of a ball that travels 40 yards in the air with a defender draped on you, having to tip toe within an inch of the sidelines with your momentum going out of bounds is rare.

Again..I take nothing away from the throw. It was clutch. But the catch was memorable.
                  No, they don't. Not many QB's throw a ball 40+ yards in the air off one foot into arguably a 1 to 2 foot window.

Receivers making catches while being hit on the sidelines are much more routine than that pass.

Comment

Originally posted by yo-ho View Post
                    Seriously????
                    Give me what you're smoking cause I want to get stoned too!!
                    Belichick is going to go down as the greatest coach in the history of the NFL!

In the last 26 years;
                    - 5 SB championships (maybe 6 in 3 weeks)
                    - 7 SB appearances (maybe 8 in 3 weeks)

Just over 3 years for every SB appearance.

I'll take that everyday of the week and twice on Sunday
                    Last edited by thomasjmarino; 01-15-2013, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                      No, they don't. Not many QB's throw a ball 40+ yards in the air off one foot into arguably a 1 to 2 foot window.

Receivers making catches while being hit on the sidelines are much more routine than that pass.
                      Hahaha!!!!
                      I love the twisted view of things.
                      Its actually impressive. You're like a Terrier who won't let go of my pant leg.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo-ho View Post
                        If that is the case, BB would be the king of one and done's in the post season. But he's been in what 5 SB's in the last 10 years? In this day in age, that's unbelievable. Best team of all time.
                        http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                        http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                        http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Bugger off, MS.

And in this case, it's the truth. That catch was more a Manning Miracle than a Manningham Miracle.
                          It was a perfectly thrown pass, that is what it was. Hard to think that Eli wasn't planning that route with the way he was checking Chung to cheat for a good while before that play even happened.

I am very happy with Eli and hope the 2011 version comes back next year. However, Tom Brady is maybe The Greatest QB in history of NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            It was a nice throw. He did a good job keeping the throw on the sideline and not throwing it out of bounds. manningham had to slow down and use his body to not only catch the ball and keep his feet in bounds, but the maintain leverage against the defender. Slightly underthrown but still a good throw.
                            Eli threw it as hard as he could. The throw was nice but the adjustment and catch was an all time great play.
                            It was one of, if not THE greatest catch in Giants history.

You can see it any way you want to make yourself feel good and I'm all for your happiness.

And guess what...even if you disagree with me, you still probably know something about football.
                            VDC, I think that this pass Eli Manning threw was perfect. The reason MM had to stretch his arms out was because he stutter stepped a little bit. It is a great catch but I also think it is a great throw.

Doogone it, I really want the 2011 version of Eli Manning back.
                            http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-m...akes-the-catch

Comment

The pass to Manningham was waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tougher and more impressive than the catch. If you think otherwise you know nothing of football.
                              i never mentioned "the catch".....which i agree was less than stellar....has nothing to do
                              with the plays i was referring to.
                              the plays i pointed out were one time 99% lucky plays that ain't never gonna happen again ....
                              and impossible to coach against....and before you go cultist on me...i saw them too ....
                              and they were both chuck-n-duck prayers....and we all know it.
                              without those 2 miracles (MM and Tyree) ...we don't get those rings....period...
                              and Belichick and Brady have a couple more.
                              and neither play is a testament to Coughlin's coaching genius nor Belichick's lack of it.

"the catch" was just a decent ending to a great game winning drive....nothing lucky or special about it....
                              and has nothing whatsoever to do with what i was talking about.
                              Last edited by stormblue; 01-15-2013, 04:53 PM.
                              due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                              my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

• Originally posted by stormblue View Post
                                well...you probably only need to wait for 3 more weeks.

and besides....you can't out-coach an "immaculate reception" ...
                                or a "helmet-catch"....or a "manningham miracle".
                                But don't you know? If you ask many here, they would tell you that's how our coaches designed these plays! Coughlin told Killdrive to tell Eli to play Houdini and escape the rush and chuck it down the field where Tyree would wait with superglue on his helmet to make the catch.

Comment

Working...
                                X