Eli's Replacement.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli's Replacement.

This thread isn't suggesting we need to replace Eli right now because I know we don't. I'm just wondering, whenever we do replace Eli, what kind of QB will it be? After seeing what Collin Kaepernick did last night and what Russell Wilson did today, and what Robert Griffin III did all year, I think the Giants should seriously look at getting a mobile QB. There game changers. Thoughts?

I want a durable, clutch quarterback.

Comment

it may not be a choice in the next few years. It may be the what is best available. Even Luck runs and has quite a few rushing TDs.....
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

So many variables... yes that seems to be the wave of the future but I'm not sure if our future coach will have the Coughlin philosophy or not.

Comment

Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post
          I want a durable, clutch quarterback.
          And you don't get that with a mobile quarterback. I don't mind a QB who isn't shy of running it but does so only when all things fail, meaning receivers aren't open.
          For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

Comment

Originally posted by G-MENBK View Post
            And you don't get that with a mobile quarterback. I don't mind a QB who isn't shy of running it but does so only when all things fail, meaning receivers aren't open.
            Pretty much. I don't want a Michael Vick who barely plays all 16 games.

Comment

Originally posted by G-MENBK View Post
              I would like a qb who knows when it is best to stay in the pocket, yet will run when he thinks it is safe to pick up a few yeards. Such a qb could be difficult to find.

Comment

I agree, I think we should get a QB that isn't afraid to stand in the pocket and throw one down field, but can run if necessary. Or you know, I could take over.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                  it may not be a choice in the next few years. It may be the what is best available. Even Luck runs and has quite a few rushing TDs.....
                  Yes. Too me, I'd rather have a Luck/Wilson type rather than a Kaepernick/ Griffin type. Less prone to injury.

Comment

Originally posted by ashleymarie View Post
                    I would like a qb who knows when it is best to stay in the pocket, yet will run when he thinks it is safe to pick up a few yeards. Such a qb could be difficult to find.
                    I want an All Pro QB who wins every game.

Comment

We need to draft a QB that when the play is busted or all his recievers are covered, has the mobility & speed to pick up the neccessary yardage needed on 3rd down to give us a fresh set of downs. Don't know how it burns me to see Eli throwing a ball away on 3rd & short when he could have just ran the 4-5 freakin yds but can't cuz he's got 2 left ft.

I've seen some games where the entire field is open for Eli to run the yds needed for a 1st down & he will still try & force a throw into a double teamed WR.

Comment

Originally posted by KjGiants23 View Post
                        I agree, I think we should get a QB that isn't afraid to stand in the pocket and throw one down field, but can run if necessary. Or you know, I could take over.

Comment

Originally posted by Parademon View Post
                          We need to draft a QB that when the play is busted or all his recievers are covered, has the mobility & speed to pick up the neccessary yardage needed on 3rd down to give us a fresh set of downs. Don't know how it burns me to see Eli throwing a ball away on 3rd & short when he could have just ran the 4-5 freakin yds but can't cuz he's got 2 left ft.

I've seen some games where the entire field is open for Eli to run the yds needed for a 1st down & he will still try & force a throw into a double teamed WR.
                          Might not be so much of a problem if you have a really good RB.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8i9kVG7owA

Comment

Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post
                              Might not be so much of a problem if you have a really good RB.
                              Gore, Lynch & Morris are extremely good RBs, their QBs still run.

Comment

Working...
                              X