Eli's Replacement.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Someone that fits the Marcus Mariota build. As electrifying as Wilson has been recently, I don't want my QB having to roll left or right out of the pocket at times JUST so he can see down the field. RG3 has a strong arm, amazing running ability, and intelligence but his size issues are a legit concern. Give me a guy who is a deadly pocket passer first but also has that ability to rip off a 20+ yard run when the middle of the field is open. More of these QBs each year are popping up out of college and it will take a few years but don't be surprised when guys like Eli are the rare breed...
    Kaepernick is a big QB the guy is 6'5 230.

Comment

Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post
      russel wilson, kaepernick and rg3 would all be practically useless in the giants offensive scheme.

the reasons these guys are having so much success is virtually all credited to the coaches for designing their offense to fit their quarterback. they make the offense simple, give them easy high low reads and use the read option, something they did in college, which keeps them in a comfort zone.

our coaches are too stubborn to make the offense simple and easy for the qb.

another thing is the seahawks, 9ers and redskins all have great offensive lines which makes it easier on the qb.
      darn stubborn coaches with their two championships rings.

jeez, what are we gonna do about these guys?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
        only problem is the Giants dont want to carry 3 QB's and they wont have a rookie backing up Eli . He would be on the practice squad and can be stolen at any time so until they are willing to change its pointless. Believe me though Id like to have a young QB around
        If we gave him the off-season to work out on Eli's regimen, Harooni would be a cheap FA (Fake Agent)
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

russel wilson, kaepernick and rg3 would all be practically useless in the giants offensive scheme.

the reasons these guys are having so much success is virtually all credited to the coaches for designing their offense to fit their quarterback. they make the offense simple, give them easy high low reads and use the read option, something they did in college, which keeps them in a comfort zone.

our coaches are too stubborn to make the offense simple and easy for the qb.

another thing is the seahawks, 9ers and redskins all have great offensive lines which makes it easier on the qb.
          You think Eli is struggling in this offense because it's not "simple and easy"?
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Kaepernick is a big QB the guy is 6'5 230.
            Yeah guys like Kaep and Newton (physically) are the way to go if you want a dual threat QB. Mariota is 19 years old and will probably put on another 10bs of weight before he enters the NFL. That additional wrinkle in the offense is just deadly if you go against undisciplined defenses and also helps the receivers get more separation in the backfield.

Comment

Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
              darn stubborn coaches with their two championships rings.

jeez, what are we gonna do about these guys?
              just pointing out the reality. you take any of these beast young qbs and put them on the giants and they would struggle. our coaches wouldn't change the system to make it easier for them like their coaches have done on their respective teams.

Comment

Give me a quarterback, that plays from the pocket and can read defenses with the threat to run. I only know one like that and it's Aaron Rodgers.Maybe Luck in the future.
                sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  You think Eli is struggling in this offense because it's not "simple and easy"?
                  not exactly... but throughout the years half of eli's bad plays are from him not making the same reads as his receivers. he is forced to hold the ball not knowing where his guys will actually be, then if he gets pressured and is forced to throw the ball early he has to basically guess where his target will be. all the route options and sight adjustments aren't a problem for eli, but when he has new receivers every other year that take a couple years to fully understand the system, only to leave in free agency... what's the point? not to mention the fact defenses have figured it out and can basically get receivers to run the routes they want them to run, or simply disguise their coverages to get them to run the wrong route. it's the reason our offense is so feast or famine., and also why we look so much better in the 2 minute drill because the offense is simplfied in the hurry up.
                  Last edited by kNicksGiants; 01-14-2013, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Depends I wouldnt want Griffin he is far to small and Spindly. I loved both Kaepernick and Wilson coming out wouldnt mind either of them, Wilson was the first small QB I ever really ,really liked in the draft. He was so good in every other area his stature didnt matter at all. Had he been 6'2 he would of went Top 10.Kaeperick has all the tools to be a great QB. The only real flaws he had coming out was his mechanics and his offense. His throwing motion still has that hitch in it but he makes up for it with velocity
                    Yeah Wilson was impressive at Wisconsin even at NC state he was. I told people I would take him over Griffin and was blasted for it. I never really seen Kaepernick in college.
                    sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by thomasjmarino View Post
                      And that QB is??????????????????
                      I was thinking Oregon Ducks QB Marcus Mariota. He's got the potential to be better than Kaepernick. He should be available near the end of Eli's contract/career. Yea Yea, it's a long shot.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                        Yeah guys like Kaep and Newton (physically) are the way to go if you want a dual threat QB. Mariota is 19 years old and will probably put on another 10bs of weight before he enters the NFL. That additional wrinkle in the offense is just deadly if you go against undisciplined defenses and also helps the receivers get more separation in the backfield.
                        I like a moderate amount of mobility in a QB, but look where Vick and RG III are now. I realize trhey want to win, but they do things to put themselves in harm's way like turning themselves into running backs. A QB should ONLY run when all else fails and them he needs to avoid the hit by sliding. I was screaming when Eli laid into the defender with his shoulder in that one game.

Comment

not exactly... but throughout the years half of eli's bad plays are from him not making the same reads as his receivers. he is forced to hold the ball not knowing where his guys will actually be, then if he gets pressured and is forced to throw the ball early he has to basically guess where his target will be. all the route options and sight adjustments aren't a problem for eli, but when he has new receivers every other year that take a couple years to fully understand the system, only to leave in free agency... what's the point? not to mention the fact defenses have figured it out and can basically get receivers to run the routes they want them to run, or simply disguise their coverages to get them to run the wrong route. it's the reason our offense is so feast or famine., and also why we look so much better in the 2 minute drill because the offense is simplfied in the hurry up.
                          But it's the same offense he's played in since 2004 and was the SB MVP 2X

Comment

But it's the same offense he's played in since 2004 and was the SB MVP 2X
                            how does that change the fact that the system is complex and leads to many mistakes... plus the defense was more responsible for both superbowls. both years the giants won the superbowl the defense played above and beyond what they did in the regular season.

i never liked the system, but i can't complain about the 2 championships. at this point i feel like defenses have figured it out more so than in the past. we weren't really a pass first team until 2009... i think since we won the superbowl teams have taken a closer look at our scheme and are better at stopping it. i always wondered how good our offense could be in a more west coast style system.

Comment

I was screaming when Eli laid into the defender with his shoulder in that one game.
                              I cover my eyes every time he scrambles haha

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                                I cover my eyes every time he scrambles haha
                                The reality is if Eli injures himself by trying to run the ball, and he loses any appreciable time, we're screwed. We don't have Cousins in the wings.

Comment

Working...
                                X