• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no room for Barden.. He dosent even play special teams.. bye bye

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
      Agreed... he doesnt belong in our system... but he will be ok somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
        In Carolina he was pretty much unaccounted for and benefitted greatly. The next week in Philly he was covered and did what you can really expect from him - max 2 catches a game.
        Now this makes perfect sense and I never thought about it that way.
        Last edited by Giant stuck in Texas; 01-15-2013, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          One game in four years doesn't help the resume. I see him as Sinorice Moss II
          Moss never had a game like Barden did against Carolina. True, it was only one game and Carolina players gave him yards of space to play with, but I would have liked to see Barden get more time at the # 3 than Hixon did.

Point is that Barden showed something impressive that game (and if memory serves me correct he had another good game this year as well). Enough for a one year contract if the price is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
            This could be more of an issue for Barden than most would think. It's part of the reason Hixon is well liked by the coaching stafff.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
              Moss never had a game like Barden did against Carolina. True, it was only one game and Carolina players gave him yards of space to play with, but I would have liked to see Barden get more time at the # 3 than Hixon did.

Point is that Barden showed something impressive that game (and if memory serves me correct he had another good game this year as well). Enough for a one year contract if the price is right.
              Barden benefited by Cruz being the focus of the Panthers' secondary and, as you point out, they really were playing off him all game long. Hixon missed three games, I think, in 2012. One due to a concussion and two due to an ankle injury. Where was Barden then?
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                Barden benefited by Cruz being the focus of the Panthers' secondary and, as you point out, they really were playing off him all game long. Hixon missed three games, I think, in 2012. One due to a concussion and two due to an ankle injury. Where was Barden then?
                I don't remember -- did they play him and he didn't do anything? Or did they not play him? If the latter, then I would have played him unless RR or JJ were just showing so much more than Barden in practice.

Comment

Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
                  I don't remember -- did they play him and he didn't do anything? Or did they not play him? If the latter, then I would have played him unless RR or JJ were just showing so much more than Barden in practice.
                  I don't know for sure, but I think at this point in time Barden is going to be released. We have a good receiving corps without him and don't need to bring anyone else because of his release.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackula31 View Post
                    He will go someplace else and thrive... Im pretty sure of it.
                    if Barden turns into even a "fair" receiver i'll be surprised!

Barden is big and tall, thats all!
                    sigpic

Comment

Moss was 5'8" and couldnt shake anyone to get open... the sad thing is that Barden was never really used in the redzone like most of us thought he would. They never tried with him... someone else will at least try. I agree there is defenitely something wrong with him... but I'm willing to bet there is another coach that can get him on track somewhere. Our WR coach is Kevin Gilbride Jr... Im sure there is someone out there that actually played WR that could truly help him.
                      Its too bad we should keep Barden, he has the potential to be the next Anthony Mix

Comment

In all seriousness, we are better off giving his roster spot to an undrafted free agent even who can play special teams. The guy had one good game during his entire 4 years here with us, bye bye Barden.

Comment

oh, if what to do with Barden was actually one of the most critical decisions facing this team.

instead i have to wonder if we can afford a starting left tackle, if Bear Pascoe is our new starting TE, and what do we do if JPP can't get out of his slump next year.............
                          sigpic

Comment

Sinorice just plain and simple wasnt good... did he ever do ANYTHING??? Nope... Someone is going to take a chance on him... I dont expect him to become the greatest receiver ever... but he will be better than most of you think.. I think he'll be like Ed McCaffrey. Didnt do a damn thing for the Giants... but will work out well with someone else.
                            I am not sure where you got this "Ed McCaffrey didnt do a damn thing for the Giants" thing. Here is a link so you can see what he did for the Giants http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/McCaEd00.htm. Lets not forget that in Denver he had Elway and in NY he had Hostettler and Simms throwing to him and the Giants were not a passing team them and they also had Mark Ingram and Steven Baker as 1 &2 WRs. Not to forget that for 2 seasons was under this "brilliant" coach named Ray Hundley. When you look his numbers you can see that he did very well for a rookie and I was really surprised that Dan Reeves did not see his talent.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsforce View Post
                              I am not sure where you got this "Ed McCaffrey didnt do a damn thing for the Giants" thing. Here is a link so you can see what he did for the Giants http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/McCaEd00.htm. Lets not forget that in Denver he had Elway and in NY he had Hostettler and Simms throwing to him and the Giants were not a passing team them and they also had Mark Ingram and Steven Baker as 1 &2 WRs. Not to forget that for 2 seasons was under this "brilliant" coach named Ray Hundley. When you look his numbers you can see that he did very well for a rookie and I was really surprised that Dan Reeves did not see his talent.
                              Games started with Giants = 4

Games started with Broncos = 105

hmmm... WTF am I missing?

Elway retired after the 99 Season... McCaffery's biggest year was after Elway was gone...

Comment

I know this is a Barden thread, but I think his and Jernigan's spots are both up for grabs. Jernigan has showed me absolutely nothing. At least Barden had one good game.
                                Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Working...
                                X