Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cb 1st round , nothing else.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cb 1st round , nothing else.

    Twice in past 6 years they have drafted cb, both times those years they won the Super Bowl , need I say more, hahaha, if most of you looked for an intelligent argument, sorry, but Sometimes luck and superstition are what's needed!

  • #2
    If the BPA is CB, OL, DE, DT, or LB, I'd be happy to take them.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by JaxMan View Post
      Twice in past 6 years they have drafted cb, both times those years they won the Super Bowl , need I say more, hahaha, if most of you looked for an intelligent argument, sorry, but Sometimes luck and superstition are what's needed!
      O line I would think
      Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
        If the BPA is CB, OL, DE, DT, or LB, I'd be happy to take them.
        +1. Not LB, IMO, but the others.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'll never be upset with drafting a quality cornerback.....especially given how the passing game has exploded thanks to the new Arena League rules that are currently in vogue.
          "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

          "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
            +1. Not LB, IMO, but the others.
            I'm praying for OL and LB help this season.

            I don't want to reach for an LB, but this team really needs a difference maker in that unit.....right now, nobody in the NFL is worried about our linebackers, and as a Giants fan, that's just wrong.
            "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

            "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ibbill View Post
              O line I would think
              If history means anything, it's very unlikely the Giants will draft Oline in the first.

              I can see a DE or CB in the first.

              Comment


              • #8
                I get so mad when heads and fans say we love DEs and we always draft BPA. That is definitely not true. Giants intentionally devalue certain positions and like the OP said we've drafted 3 DBs in the first round in the last 6 years (2 of them being CB). How many DEs have we drafted in that time in the first round? 2. How come people don't say, "man Jerry loves his DBs?"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Giant stuck in Texas View Post
                  If history means anything, it's very unlikely the Giants will draft Oline in the first.

                  I can see a DE or CB in the first.
                  On defense, I'd much rather land a LB that can blitz, defend the run, and cover a TE.

                  I realize that this might not be a rich draft for LB's though. But I hope Reese does something, including free agency, to strengthen the LBs.
                  "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                  "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                    On defense, I'd much rather land a LB that can blitz, defend the run, and cover a TE.

                    I realize that this might not be a rich draft for LB's though. But I hope Reese does something, including free agency, to strengthen the LBs.
                    I wouldn't mind either, but the giants haven't drafted a LB in the first since Carl Banks. lol

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Giant stuck in Texas View Post
                      If history means anything, it's very unlikely the Giants will draft Oline in the first.

                      I can see a DE or CB in the first.
                      I too can see us getting a DE but I wouldn't be surprised if we take another position if someone of huge value slips like Prince.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        actually, every year my wife and i have had a kid, we've won the superbowl, so really it has nothing to do with corners, or football really...........
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I hope we take a DE or CB in the first. Are there even any 4-3 LBs that would be worth taking in the first?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
                            actually, every year my wife and i have had a kid, we've won the superbowl, so really it has nothing to do with corners, or football really...........
                            Get back to work on another CDN_G-FAN then!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
                              +1. Not LB, IMO, but the others.
                              if ogeltree falls to us,,yes,,LBer. CB depth is pretty good this draft.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X