Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eisen's Mail Bag: DE Adewale Ojomo

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...c-180cebaac6cb

Today’s edition of The Mailbag on Giants.com.

(Adewale) Ojomo stood out in preseason, but was invisible this year. Did he suit up for any games?
    -Cory
    Ojomo did have a strong preseason – when he led the team with 4.0 sacks – which enabled him to make the roster as an undrafted free agent. But he had too many talented and experienced defensive ends ahead of him, which prevented him from getting on the field in the regular season. Ojomo was inactive for all but one game – the Oct. 7 victory over Cleveland, when he played on special teams. It’s not much to build on, but he will be in the offseason program and will have an opportunity to show in training camp whether or not he’s improved. If he does, perhaps he’ll get a shot to play on defense in 2013.

And another defensive end question…

If Osi Umenyiora does leave do you think Mathias Kiwanuka will be back at his more natural position of defensive end this year?
    -Jerry
    I think it’s a possibility. The Giants have always placed a high value on pass-rushing defensive ends, and that’s the position Kiwanuka played when he was drafted. He played up front far more frequently in last quarter of the 2012 season. If Umenyiora signs with another team and the Giants don’t bring in another defensive end, Kiwanuka would be the logical replacement. But it will likely be determined by the makeup of the defense. If the Giants have plenty of candidates to play linebacker and need an end, my guess is Kiwanuka will move up front.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I would love to see Kiwi back at DE

Comment

let the man play,,,how can we see what we have if he isn't even active at game time?

Comment

FREE Ojomo.. lets see what he's got..

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
          FREE Ojomo.. lets see what he's got..
          I agree, the talent in front of him ie: Osi and Tuck were not getting the job done. At least give the man a try when we were getting blown out by atlanta and baltimore

Comment

Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
            I agree, the talent in front of him ie: Osi and Tuck were not getting the job done. At least give the man a try when we were getting blown out by atlanta and baltimore
            bingo

Comment

If this kid is half way decent that'd make for a good 4th DE to rotate in and could allow us to focus on other areas during the draft/FA.

Nobody seems to be talking about it, but we really struggled against the run. With A. Morris in our division now, we need to be able to clog the middle. A solid DT would be a smart pick in my opinion.
              NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
              Garrett Bolles - OT
              David Njoku - TE
              Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
                I would love to see Kiwi back at DE
                +1. And I look forward to seeing if Ojomo can perform well again in training camp this upcoming season.

Comment

he had too many talented and experienced defensive ends ahead of him, which prevented him from getting on the field in the regular season.

this validates what i was saying. with Tc you dont earn play time by how you play. its mostly by injuries and experience. Even adrian tracy got more playing time
                  Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

If Osi is released, Both Tracy and Ojomo should get a real shot in training camp. It's up to them to take advantage and turn heads.
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post

this validates what i was saying. with Tc you dont earn play time by how you play. its mostly by injuries and experience. Even adrian tracy got more playing time
                      The guy wasn't being activated. So which DE should TC have not dressed so he could get Ojomo some snaps.

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                        The guy wasn't being activated. So which DE should TC have not dressed so he could get Ojomo some snaps.
                        Dressing Osi, Tuck, Kiwanuka, JPP, and Tracy was the reason Ojomo was inactive. I would like to see them dress Tracy and Ojomo next season and put them in a scheduled rotation as the Eagles did in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          Dressing Osi, Tuck, Kiwanuka, JPP, and Tracy was the reason Ojomo was inactive. I would like to see them dress Tracy and Ojomo next season and put them in a scheduled rotation as the Eagles did in 2012.
                          This. The team wouldn't have kept Ojomo on the roster yet kept inactive if they didn't have some plan for him moving forward. If he wasn't THAT good he would have been put on the PS. My guess is that he was being groomed as a candidate for possible Osi replacement in 2013... or maybe even Tuck replacement in 2014.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                            This. The team wouldn't have kept Ojomo on the roster yet kept inactive if they didn't have some plan for him moving forward. If he wasn't THAT good he would have been put on the PS. My guess is that he was being groomed as a candidate for possible Osi replacement in 2013... or maybe even Tuck replacement in 2014.
                            That does fit the development philosophy. Not dressing for games doesn't impact participation at practice and in team meetings

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                              That does fit the development philosophy. Not dressing for games doesn't impact participation at practice and in team meetings
                              Also, this is why I don't see DE as a top 5 draft need to be completely honest. I feel the plan is in place there to transition to the future. OL and MLB are far greater concerns...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X