Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marc Ross withdraws from Jets G.M. contention

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Marc Ross withdraws from Jets G.M. contention

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-m-contention/

  • #2
    Maybe he doesn't interview well. I thought that he'd be someone's GM by now, but I'm not complaining. Hope he's here for at least 1 more year.

    Comment


    • #3
      I wouldn't want to be the GM for the Jets either! Rex Ryan is a complete tool..

      Comment


      • #4
        good news


        Subscribe to me on YouTube: mlerm17
        Follow me on Twitter @mlerm17

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
          Maybe he doesn't interview well. I thought that he'd be someone's GM by now, but I'm not complaining. Hope he's here for at least 1 more year.
          He withdrew from consideration. The Jets didn't reject him. (At least as far as we know)

          Comment


          • #6
            No one wants that job. At least one candidate was offered a $1M housing allowance and he turned them down
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              No one wants that job. At least one candidate was offered a $1M housing allowance and he turned them down
              To go to Jacksonville!!! That says a lot.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                To go to Jacksonville!!! That says a lot.
                Do they not want Rex? Do they not want to work for Johnson?

                It seems to be Rex Ryan holding them back:

                http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/16/...ets-gm-search/
                Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-16-2013, 06:33 AM.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  Do they not want Rex? Do they not want to work for Johnson?
                  Like I said, Rex is a complete tool. His wife has a tattoo of him wearing a sanchez jersey? For real?! I'm sure he has the teams best future on his mind..

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
                    Like I said, Rex is a complete tool. His wife has a tattoo of him wearing a sanchez jersey? For real?! I'm sure he has the teams best future on his mind..
                    Maybe he just can't "toe" the line??????
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      Maybe he just can't "toe" the line??????
                      lol, and the owner of that team is ******ed. He fires the GM but not the coach? That makes sense...

                      That's probably why no one wants to work for that nutjobs..

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
                        Like I said, Rex is a complete tool. His wife has a tattoo of him wearing a sanchez jersey? For real?! I'm sure he has the teams best future on his mind..
                        Don't forget that the owner called his head coach "sophistocated". Of all the words he could choose that is about the most bizaar.
                        No one remembers who came in second.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jomo View Post
                          Don't forget that the owner called his head coach "sophistocated". Of all the words he could choose that is about the most bizaar.
                          I'd never heard that before, therein lies the problem. lol
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by jomo View Post
                            Don't forget that the owner called his head coach "sophistocated". Of all the words he could choose that is about the most bizaar.
                            Maybe sophistocated about what foods he could eat to make himself more of a fatass.. lol

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                              I'd never heard that before, therein lies the problem. lol
                              During the last press conference where the two of them stumbled and mumbled, Johnson put it out there as part of his praise for Rex. A day or two after that press conference I listened to Andy Reid's first meeting with the press in his new job. Wow, what a difference from Rex. Reid is a guy with a deep understanding of the game and what needs to be done to reclaim greatness with the Chiefs. Rex on the other had................more of the same high schoolish quotes.................."let me tell you this, no team is gonna want to play us next year" How's that for sophistocated?
                              No one remembers who came in second.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X