No announcement yet.

Giants Must Find Solution At MLB This Offseason

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love Ogletree, has the frame to get bigger and is fast and always around the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
      we've had crap linebackers for the last 10 years. I'll be fine with that again, as long as we fix our dline.
      Not me. I like Giants Football....that means good defense, and especially, good linebackers.
      "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
        Not me. I like Giants Football....that means good defense, and especially, good linebackers.
        In the 80's it was... the 2000's success was all about the DE's. But I would love just one LB who can rack us up 100 tackles. It would make alll the difference in the world in the run game.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueReign View Post
          Te'o will definitely fall after this girlfriend fiasco.
          I don't like to make comments about situations like Te'o's but until it's clear he didn't have a hand in orchestrating this fiasco, I don't see the Giants wanting him.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
            In the 80's it was... the 2000's success was all about the DE's. But I would love just one LB who can rack us up 100 tackles. It would make alll the difference in the world in the run game.
            Maybe a season healthy Williams
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Im sick of seeing young LB's every year stepping up while we have the same B.S....& every draft theres some draft genius that claims theres not LBs that were worth taking & defends these bums that we have.....Remember that P.O.S Goff had a fanbase somehow????? People were waiting on dillard, Somehow Danny Clark got a pass, Wilkison got a pass, Greg Jones was crowned all pro before he ever took a snap......Were VERY lucky that Williams actually seems to be a half way decent LB.....
              Rivers is another teams throwaway.....Blackburn could be a OK backup

Comment

Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
                Im sick of seeing young LB's every year stepping up while we have the same B.S....& every draft theres some draft genius that claims theres not LBs that were worth taking & defends these bums that we have.....Remember that P.O.S Goff had a fanbase somehow????? People were waiting on dillard, Somehow Danny Clark got a pass, Wilkison got a pass, Greg Jones was crowned all pro before he ever took a snap......Were VERY lucky that Williams actually seems to be a half way decent LB.....
                And I'm sure there's teams that wish they had our DEs...

Comment

williams is not the awsner.. all year you hear guys complaining about how we can't stop the run, why we can't have more exotic blitz packages, why are de's are trying to do more than just rush you just watch teams rip apart the middle of the field with short dump pases or running plays... it's because we don't have a single linebacker that can do his job anymore than barley efficient.. end of story.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                    And I'm sure there's teams that wish they had our DEs...
                    Not anymore they dont....Lets not live in the past...

Comment

An upgrade would be great, but my the biggest concerns (rightfully so) are on the d-line and secondary. If we can get a LB who is clearly BPA in the early rounds, then great. If not, hopefully we can pull another Jesse Armstead out of our a**** in the late rounds.

Comment

Jerry needs to draft according to need,,not BPA this year, unless someone truly highly regarded drops,,,,crazy thought, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                          Jerry needs to draft according to need,,not BPA this year, unless someone truly highly regarded drops,,,,crazy thought, huh?
                          THAT'S when you put your team in trouble -- focusing on need instead of the talent. This FO does a very good job of finding that talent & need in the 1st round anyway (i.e. Nicks & Wilson).

Comment

Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
                            Haaaa!! "P.O.S. Goff had a fanbase." Too funny and yes he did. I never understood that either. I always had a bad feeling about Dillard.

Comment

Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
                              THAT'S when you put your team in trouble -- focusing on need instead of the talent. This FO does a very good job of finding that talent & need in the 1st round anyway (i.e. Nicks & Wilson).
                              disagree completely, it works for many teams,,,,what facts do you have to back what you are saying because I would love to see them. this team has major holes that BPA might not fix. BPA is the reason for many of the holes. normally I have no problem with BPA, we just have too many holes this year.

Comment

The next impact linebacker we draft will be the first since probably Jessie Armstead. If someone can name an impact linebacker on this roster that we've had since then, let me know. Please don't say Antonio Pierce. Dude isn't in Armstead's league.
                                If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

Working...
                                X