Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bart Scott Claims Media Treats Giants Better Than Jets

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/17/...new-york-jets/

Excerpt: "The New York Jets were a circus in 2012; a downright fiasco. From the issues with backup quarterback Tim Tebow to the recent hilarity of Rex Ryan's revealing tattoo, Gang Green has returned to the laughing stock it once was. However, accepting responsibility is rarely a part of their makeup, and linebacker Bart Scott claims their public image is based solely on slanted media coverage in New York, where the New York Giants are put on a pedestal, while the Jets are intentionally made to look bad.

"I didn’t like the personal attacks. A quick example now is the media following Rex down to the Bahamas. I mean, who does that?" Scott said on Inside the NFL. "I can’t imagine them going out and catching [Giants head coach] Tom Coughlin laid out…and following him. We are in the same town but we are covered differently [than the Giants]."

The reality is the media wouldn't stakeout Tom Coughlin because he and his family do not deliberately put a bullseye on their back. He doesn't make outlandish comments or guarantees, is heavily involved in charity and is one of the most well-respected men around the league. He and his team do not boycott the media, as Bart Scott often insists his teammates do, and the Giants do not belittle their fans when they leave the field. Moreover, the Giants organization creates and maintains tremendous relationships with its players, and would never throw one of them under the bus as the Jets did with Tebow this season." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

LMAO what is it these guys in green don't get? They create this ****ing circus atmosphere complete with toe sucking and 2 QBs they don't want, Woody says Rex is "sophisticated."

They will forever BE the little brother.

Bart Scott must be in a damn coma.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

but we are better. for the media to not treat us better solely bc we are better would be some sort of discrimination lol...the jets. only could the jets produce a situation where a player that is clearly not wanted there, but cannot be released bc of the massive cap penalty that would occur, is taking pot shots at a team for being better. lmfao. remember when a ton of ppl were saying how great rex is as a HC and how we need him and players love him etc etc lol

Comment

Sophisticated? Rex is about as sophisticated as a 14 year old girl. All he wants is drama and attention.
        Last edited by CowboysSuck; 01-17-2013, 01:17 PM.

Comment

no crap.. Jets are a big top circus..

Comment

It's true! The public treats clowns differently than we treat statesmen.
            Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

they asked for it and now they have the attention they wanted they just noticed this aint disny land let the circus music begin lmao.

Comment

If this doesn't make you proud to be a fan of the NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS, you're insane

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                  but we are better. for the media to not treat us better solely bc we are better would be some sort of discrimination lol...the jets. only could the jets produce a situation where a player that is clearly not wanted there, but cannot be released bc of the massive cap penalty that would occur, is taking pot shots at a team for being better. lmfao. remember when a ton of ppl were saying how great rex is as a HC and how we need him and players love him etc etc lol
                  It's not because we are a better team. It's because we do not run a circus. And we don't have coaches and players that are quote *****s dishing out gems all the time. There are no juicy stories that sell newspapers surrounding the Giants.. It really has nothing to do with the quality of play.

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                    It's not because we are a better team. It's because we do not run a circus. And we don't have coaches and players that are quote *****s dishing out gems all the time. There are no juicy stories that sell newspapers surrounding the Giants.. It really has nothing to do with the quality of play.
                    P R I D E and P R O F E S S I O N A L I S M

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post
                      they asked for it and now they have the attention they wanted they just noticed this aint disny land let the circus music begin lmao.
                      If they won, they would have no reason to b*tch!

Comment

They treat us better because we ARE better. Duh. Guy is stupid.
                        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I would disagree with BS anyway. Remember during the lockout, how Sanchez was the media darling for his "LA camp" with prizes and all, while Eli was squarly dissed for simply inviting teammates to much more informal sessions at Hoboken High?

Comment

I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

and now that Scott is 1/2 the player he once was he looks like even more the tool...

"CAN'T WAIT!!" ...for you to retire

Comment

Working...
                              X