• Show
Clear All

• Coughlin and Belichick A Lot Alike

good read, check it out.

http://nyg.scout.com/2/1154240.html

IF ONLY I KNEW HOW TO READ!!!

Comment

Here's a difference for everyone that may surprise:

Belichick's teams rarely miss the playoff. Coughlin's teams often miss the playoffs.

Comment

TC's one of the best coaches of his era, but BB is one of the best of all time. Legendary.

Comment

Originally posted by PBTimmons View Post

Belichick's teams rarely miss the playoff. Coughlin's teams often miss the playoffs.
          When Tom Coughlin gets to the Super Bowl, he makes the best out of it and so far at Belichick's expense.

Comment

Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post
            When Tom Coughlin gets to the Super Bowl, he makes the best out of it and so far at Belichick's expense.
            Funny but true. lol. Both coaches still have many more years of coaching ahead them. Hopefully for our sake it remains that way when we face those guys.
            Lets go, Giants!

Comment

Comment

I strongly disagree. I don't recall Belichick teams having a history of 2nd half collapses

Comment

Belichick's teams are usually pretty consistent and have their rough parts of the season in the beginning. Ours usually seem to come in the late middle to end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by jgiantfan View Post
                    I strongly disagree. I don't recall Belichick teams having a history of 2nd half collapses
                    But Belichick does not have the best OC in the NFL! Never mind the fact that the Pats score TD's consistently 70% inside the red zone and the Giants manage a whopping 40%.

Comment

havent won since spygate

Comment

A lot alike??? I just don't see it

Comment

They were taught by the same guy

Comment

I don't know if I'd call 4 times in 9 years "often". Let alone making the playoffs 4 years in a row 2005-2008. And really in 2010 missing the playoffs at 10-6 deserves an asterisk. So really missing the playoffs 3 times in 9 years *.
                            Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 01-19-2013, 12:32 PM.
                            8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Originally posted by jgiantfan View Post
                              In fact the opposite is true. Belichick's teams get insane in the 2nd half.

I once looked up their December record (and I'm too lazy to do it again) and it's something ridiculous like over .900 winning percentage.
                              8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Working...
                              X